Comfort Keepers Home Care in Greater San Diego, CA, Combines Technology and Senior Care Services
Comfort Keepers provides senior care services that aid elders using current technologies in San Diego, CA, and the surrounding areas.
Comfort Keepers believes in implementing cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and boost participation. Our caregivers are trained to use various technology to help elders and their families feel connected and fulfilled. Call our office at (888) 609-8997 or read on to learn more about how we incorporate technology into our living aid services.
Using Technology to Support Senior Home Care
Families and home care professionals work together as a senior's integrated care team to provide the most successful in-home living support programs. Caregivers at Comfort Keepers use internet portals to communicate with family members about care notes, changes in services, photos, and other information. Family and friends can keep track of the caregiver's progress in implementing the tailored care plan, their loved one's physical and emotional well-being, and the caregiver's efforts to inject hope, purpose, and pleasure into daily activities.
Using Technology to Increase Engagement
Thanks to email, social media, and phone chats, many of us are connected and the rest of the world in today's culture. When being together in the same room is not possible, using these senior care safety tools to create a sense of closeness could be just as valuable as in-person encounters.
Seniors' mental and emotional health depends on maintaining relationships with family and friends. There's no denying that being connected to the outside world is beneficial to elders. Isolation from others has several negative effects, including decreased cognition and sadness. While using innovative methods, our senior care services can assist seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. Here are several examples:
- Calls and video calls on a regular schedule
- Staying in touch with friends, family, and the community through text
- Cognitive and memory-enhancing games and activities
- Facilitating internet activities, including music, dance, photography, and hobbies.
- Using our SafetyCare Products to keep your loved ones secure at home, even when they are alone.
- Photo and video sharing among family members
- Grocery shopping online
- Virtual doctor's appointments can be scheduled and attended online.
Technology's Benefits for Seniors
For the senior population, utilizing modern technology has numerous advantages. It can significantly improve their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged to those they care about. It can also offer respite to family caregivers juggling caregiving responsibilities and personal life. The following are just a few of the advantages of incorporating technology into senior care assistance services:
- Seniors who utilize technology and social media have fewer chronic illnesses and are less depressed than those who do not.
- Seniors agree that technology has made doing errands, getting prescriptions, and finding reliable transportation easier.
- There are many games, applications, and streaming services available to older individuals, making modern technology mentally exciting.
- Safety devices that inform family members and the necessary channels in the event of an accident or fall have removed the dread of seniors and their families being alone at home.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation Today
Contact our senior care team in San Diego, CA, and the surrounding areas at (888) 609-8997 to discover how we can use technology in our senior care services. We'll be pleased to answer any questions you have and set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation. Click one of the options below to get started with Comfort Keepers.