Comfort Keepers Caregivers Can Provide Your Loved One With Dementia Care Services In Pasadena, CA
Find out how specialized dementia care can help your loved one in Pasadena, La Cañada Flintridge, Altadena, and surrounding areas
Caring for a loved one who has dementia or Alzheimer's disease is never easy. This illness can take a toll on your mental and physical health, as you may find yourself constantly worrying about your well-being while your own responsibilities pile up around you. At Comfort Keepers, we understand taking care of a loved one with dementia can be difficult and frustrating, which is why we strive to make things easier for you. Call (626) 321-9766 to find out how we can provide dementia care for seniors!
What Is Dementia?
A deterioration in mental abilities, such as memory loss or the inability to carry out simple activities, that is severe enough to have an impact on a person's daily life is referred to as dementia. The most common kind of dementia, which affects over 5.1 million Americans, is Alzheimer's disease. Approximately 200,000 new cases are found each year. Our programs assist seniors with these symptoms by assisting them with difficult or stressful work as well as helping them concentrate on their cognitive skills and capabilities.
How Caregivers From Comfort Keepers Can Assist with Dementia Care
If your loved one is living with dementia, watching their decline daily can be emotionally draining. We offer dementia care services to help take some of the responsibility and stress off of your shoulders.
Comfort Keepers provides part-time, full-time, and around-the-clock dementia home care services for seniors with cognitive decline. Our caregivers are available 24/7 to help with:
- Personal care plans that take into account both physical and non-physical aspects of a patient's care
- Create enjoyable activities that are mentally stimulating and promote physical and emotional well-being. These activities, which are designed to take into account your loved one's interests and abilities, are incorporated into the care plan to improve quality of life and physical health.
- Assistance with referrals to medical specialists, support groups, and other helpful resources for family caregivers
You may get additional information and resources on Dementia Care by visiting the Comfort Keepers Info Center section on Alzheimer's Care.
Can You Care For Dementia At Home?
Dementia-affected older adults frequently struggle to adjust to new living situations. People with dementia often do not understand what is going on around them and can become agitated or confused when placed in unfamiliar places. Additionally, it can be challenging for their family members to care for them, who may feel overwhelmed by their loved one's symptoms. Comfort Keepers provides in-home care for seniors with dementia, as well as respite care for overburdened family members.
Some advantages include:
- Our dementia home care programs are tailored to each senior client's specific needs, taking into account their physical and cognitive abilities, as well as their preferences.
- Professional assistance will be provided by caregivers who have been trained in the best dementia and Alzheimer's care practices.
- With a caregiver nearby, seniors will not be forced to leave their familiar surroundings.
- For the safety and comfort of your loved one, they will have a constant caregiver (or team of caregivers).
- When compared to assisted living facilities, dementia home care is a more cost-effective option.
Schedule Your FREE Home Safety Assessment and Consultation
We understand that caring for a loved one with dementia can be overwhelming, and it’s OK to ask for help. Contact Comfort Keepers today by clicking one of the buttons below. Our staff will be happy to answer any of your questions and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our dementia care coordinators.