Comfort Keepers In Home Care For Seniors In Altadena, CA
Comfort Keepers provides quality in home care to seniors in Altadena, CA and the surrounding areas
In Altadena, CA, almost 15% of residents are 65 years of age or older and seniors who live alone constitute 9% of all households. If you have a senior loved one in the area, you may want to consider contacting Comfort Keepers to provide in home care.
Activities for Seniors in Altadena, CA
Altadena is a nice area situated close to both Los Angeles and Pasadena, making it a comfortable, enjoyable place for younger and older adults alike. It provides plenty of opportunities for seniors to engage in physically and mentally stimulating activities, so it comes as no surprise that so many older adults wish to continue living here as they age.
With Comfort Keepers, your loved one can make the most of their golden years in Altadena. An at home care expert can take your loved one to the local library if they enjoy reading. If they love spending time in nature or just wish to stay active, one of our caregivers can take them to one of the many parks in the area too. There are plenty of things to do in Altadena – and we will make sure to find those activities that your parent loves.
Companion Care for Seniors
In our experience, many seniors who live alone feel lonely and isolated from their communities. We know how social activity is important for a person’s well-being, so we also offer companionship care. However, this type of in home care includes more than just conversation. Our caregivers encourage seniors to stay active and spend time doing things that make them happy. Some of the most popular senior-friendly activities include:
- Going for a walk in Loma Alta Park
- Spending time outdoors
- Talking about those things the senior finds interesting
- Performing homemaking activities together
- Playing board games or cards
- Trying out new recipes
- Engaging in new hobbies
- Going shopping
- Going to church
With our unique approach to caregiving known as Interactive Caregiving, we encourage seniors to get as involved in their care as they possibly can. This does not just boost independence but improves well-being and mood too.
In Altadena, Comfort Keepers offers the following at home healthcare services:
- 24 Hour Home Care – ensuring seniors get all the assistance they need both day and night
- Transitional Care – helping seniors recover after hospitalization
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care – enabling seniors with dementia to age at home
- Respite Care – allowing family caregivers to take a break whenever they need one
- End Of Life Care – provides support and comfort during the end of life transition
- Interactive Caregiving – encourages older adults to take on an active role in their care