Private Duty Nursing in Lubbock, TX, and the Surrounding Area
Comfort Keepers provides advanced care for seniors living
There may come a time when you, as the family caregiver, no longer have the medical training and skills needed to meet your loved one's growing medical needs. While it might be tempting to place them in a Lubbock, TX nursing home, or assisted living facility, a Comfort Keepers private duty nurse can help by taking on your loved one's advanced care needs. Our services are designed to help seniors continue living independently in their homes and stay out of nursing homes.
Reach out to Comfort Keepers serving Lubbock, TX, to learn more about our private duty nursing programs.
Our Private Duty Nursing Can Help
We offer both LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurses) and RNs (Registered Nurse) who are professionally trained to provide a range of medical services, including:
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
24 Hours a Day
Your local Comfort Keepers office can provide your loved one (or you) with a private duty nurse on a part or full-time basis. We can also arrange for a team of nurses to provide 24/7 coverage as needed. We work hand-in-hand with your loved one's medical care team to ensure they get the necessary assistance and support.
If you feel your loved one could benefit from private duty nursing services and are interested in a senior care plan, contact the Comfort Keepers office serving Lubbock, TX, and the surrounding areas. Our care advisors offer a free consultation to discuss your loved one's medical care needs and create a care plan that meets them.