Alzheimer's and Dementia Care in Anderson, SC, and the Surrounding Areas
Comfort Keepers® Alzheimer's & Dementia Care is dedicated to assisting elders in maintaining their independence and happiness in their own homes.
Dementia or Alzheimer's disease affects 18% of the tens of thousands of seniors we help. Comfort Keepers dementia care in Anderson, SC, and the surrounding areas recognizes the challenges families have when caring for a senior with Alzheimer's disease or dementia, particularly when it comes to allowing them to live peacefully at home.
Our specially trained caregivers engage clients in intellectual, physical, and emotional activities that improve the quality of life for elders and their families while also supplementing medical therapy for dementia care.
We can assist you in caring for your loved one at home while also providing you with the support you require and offering excellent care. We think that everyone should have the opportunity to experience moments of connection, purpose, and joy, regardless of age or degree of care.
The following perks are available to families who choose Comfort Keepers:
- Specialized caregivers
- Families must be educated to understand dementia fully.
- To keep seniors physically, cognitively, and emotionally active, tasks are incorporated into the in home care plan and adapted to the senior's interests.
- In-home services include things like personal care, companionship, medication reminders, and family respite.
- The SafetyChoice® in-home safety solutions include medical alert systems and motion detectors.
We already know about Alzheimer's disease, dementia symptoms, how it impacts behavior, and how it progresses at different rates for different seniors. Comfort Keepers will create and implement a personalized care plan for people with dementia that considers both physical and mental needs and goals.
Comfort Keepers caregivers can help with dementia care in several different ways.
Our caregivers have been screened for empathy, trained to assist elders with Alzheimer's disease and other kinds of dementia, and given the authority to find ways to brighten the spirits of our clients and their families through personalized home care planning.
Our caregivers also rely on the Comfort Keepers Interactive Caregiving system. We learn about our customers' interests, preferences, and even prior life events through Interactive Caregiving, allowing us to get to know them on a more personal level. This will enable us to integrate mental and physical activity exercises. Our clients and caregivers build a bond. They commonly listen to music from their favorite era, read an old favorite book, or engage in memory exercises like going through family photos or talking about current events.
The following services are available to you:
- Individualized in-home dementia care programs that address both physical and nonphysical requirements and goals
- Enjoyable, mentally stimulating, and good to one's bodily and emotional well-being activities. These activities are part of the care plan to improve your loved one's quality of life and physical health by considering their interests and talents.
- Companionship, respite care, and other requirements can all be met with the help of a physician's nutrition and fitness programs.
- There are resources and links to medical specialists accessible for family carers.
How to Look After Alzheimer's Patients at Home
It's vital to be versatile and patient when caring for a dementia-stricken loved one. The Mayo Clinic is always available to provide advice on how to manage everyday responsibilities and watch for someone who is at risk of developing dementia, including:
- Reduce the number of irritants in your life
- Be flexible in your approach.
- Create a safe atmosphere.
- The emphasis is on individualized care.
Comfort Keepers can help you and your loved one put these ideas into action so that you can give the best possible environment and care plan for anyone who has dementia.
Our caregivers have received special training in providing Alzheimer's and dementia care that encourages meaningful participation, build genuine, compassionate connections, and follows a care plan that adapts as the senior's needs change.
Schedule your Complimentary Home Care Consultation Today
Do you live in Anderson, SC, or the nearby regions and require dementia care? The team at Comfort Keepers is ready to help you or your loved ones today. Reach us at (864) 402-4077 or click one of the buttons below to get started.