Comfort Keepers Home Health Care Providers Offer Private Duty Nursing Services in Hickory, Catawba and the Surrounding Areas of North Carolina
We provide the next level of home health care for your loved one in Hickory, NC
Sometimes family caregivers or home health care providers just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Our home care agency can help. Comfort Keepers' specially trained private duty nurses provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one skilled nursing care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the home health care providers who are providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.
How Comfort Keepers Home Health Care Providers Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team, home health care providers, and family to provide extended support.