Combining Technology and In Home Assisted Living Services in Trenton, MI
Comfort Keepers uses modern technology to influence our in home assisted living services in Trenton, Woodhaven, Riverview, Wyandotte, Grosse Ile, and nearby cities
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in leveraging cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and enhance participation. Our caregivers are trained to use various technologies to assist seniors and their loved ones to feel connected and meaningful. Call our office at (734) 235-0797 or continue reading below for more information on incorporating technology into our in home assisted living services.
Using Family Room to Improve In Home Assisted Living
When families and in home care providers work together as a senior's integrated care team, the most effective in-home living support programs occur. Caregivers at Comfort Keepers use internet portals, known as the Family Room, to provide care notes, changes in care services, pictures, and updates to family members. Family and friends can be updated on the caregiver's execution of the individualized care plan, their loved one's physical and mental health, and the caregiver's attempts to bring hope, purpose, and joy into everyday living activities.
Using Technology to Improve Connection and Engagement
Email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us connected to one another and the rest of the world in today's culture. When being in the same room is not possible, employing these tools to generate a sense of closeness may be just as beneficial as face-to-face meetings.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is critical for the mental and emotional wellness of seniors. There is little doubt that seniors benefit from being connected to the outside world. Social isolation has several negative effects, including decreased cognition and depression. Through technology, our in home assisted living services can aid seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This might include:
- Phone and video conversations are planned regularly
- Texting to remain in touch with friends, family, and the community
- Cognitive function and memory-boosting games and activities
- Facilitating access to music, dancing, photography, and hobbies via the internet
- Using our SafetyCare Products to ensure your loved one's safety at home - even when they are alone
- Sharing of family pictures and video records of events
- Shopping for groceries online
- Scheduling and attending virtual doctor's appointments
The Benefits of Seniors Using Technology
Using contemporary technology has a plethora of advantages for the elderly population. It may significantly influence their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged to those they care about. It can also provide relief for family caregivers juggling caregiving duties with their own life. The following are just a few of the advantages of using technology with our in home assisted living services for seniors and their families:
- Seniors who utilize technology and social media had fewer chronic illnesses and lower levels of depression than those who do not.
- Our clients can stay safe in their own homes with the help of Constant Companion, an Amazon device that offers virtual in-home care assistance.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to worry about being alone at home due to safety devices that warn family members and the proper channels if an an accident or fall occurs.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with Comfort Keepers
Contact our senior care team to learn more about incorporating technology into our in home assisted living services in Trenton, Woodhaven, Riverview, Wyandotte, Grosse Ile, and the surrounding region. Comfort Keepers is happy to answer any questions and set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Click one of the buttons below to get started with our agency.