10 Signs Your Family Member Might Need Senior Care In Columbus, GA
Your parents or other loved ones may show signs of aging gradually, making it difficult to evaluate whether they require home care services. Excessive trips to the restroom, sudden weight loss, and forgetfulness are all red flags. Please notify us if you observe any of these symptoms in your parents or other loved ones. Even if they are unable to accomplish the things they previously performed, they will most likely tell you that nothing is wrong and that they are okay.
It can be difficult for anyone (particularly a parent) to acknowledge they need help. As a result, you must be on the lookout for warning signs that your parents may want assistance before a minor health issue turns into a major calamity.
- Changes in appetite or eating habits (not eating enough, malnourished)
- Neglecting personal hygiene (clothing, body odor, dental health, nails, hair, etc.)
- Their home is dirty or not sanitary
- Misbehaving or acting differently than normal, such as being excessively loud, quiet, nervous, or upset, or making phone calls at inopportune times
- Becoming isolated or not keeping in touch with family or friends anymore
- No longer participating in previously enjoyable activities, such as book club, dinner with friends, religious services, etc.
- Unopened mail, newspaper stacks, empty medicines, and missed appointments are all expected outcomes of forgetfulness
- Inadequate financial management, such as failing to pay invoices on time, making several payments, or hiding cash
- They can no longer drive around town, run errands, or attend doctors appointments safely
- They have a medical condition that requires constant monitoring or need medication reminders.
With the assistance of Comfort Keepers, you and your family can get through this difficult time! Each senior has unique needs, which we try to provide while also aiding them in making the most of their time. Please get in touch with us and call (706) 890-5739 as soon as possible to learn more about our senior care services!