Comfort Keepers Altamonte Springs, FL
498 Palm Springs Dr #240
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32701
Medical Alert Consoles
Most seniors would prefer to live in their own homes as they age and may sometimes need assistance to maintain their independence and well being. Comfort Keepers offers our line of Safety Choice® products to ensure your loved one can get help when needed, especially if they’re living on their own.
Medical alert systems such as consoles help put your family member in contact with support when they need it most. The technical name for these consoles is Personal Emergency Response Systems or PERS.
These small, tabletop units connect to our SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station. PERS connect to the monitoring station using either a landline or a cellular phone. They act as a hub for other medical alert systems in the home, such as a pendant or bracelet.
A Friendly Voice When They Need It Most
If your loved one experiences an emergency, they just have to press a button. Then, the PERS becomes a loud, hands-free speakerphone. The station connects with our monitoring station, staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When we receive a distress call, we connect your loved one with one of our experienced staff. They can act as a friendly voice, staying in contact with your family member until help arrives. Depending on the situation, we'll summon the appropriate response. This could be a neighbor, family member, or emergency personnel.
For added peace of mind, you can connect the PERS to smoke monitors or motion detectors.
Advanced Alzheimer's and Dementia Monitoring
If your family member suffers from Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia, PERS offer advanced monitoring options. Floor mats and window or door alarms alert you of movement in the middle of the night. Some systems let you record messages to provide a familiar voice until help arrives. These alert systems offer a form of 24-hour home care that gives you peace of mind.
Find the Right Monitoring System
At Comfort Keepers, we offer a range of PERS consoles. This lets you find the system with the features you need. Learn more about the available systems below:
SafetyChoice® PERS with Caregiver Connect
Keeping Seniors Safe with a Direct Connection 24/7
Comfort Keepers® SafetyChoice® Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) helps loved ones live safely and independently at home with the added benefit of a direct connection to a personal or family caregiver or, in some instances, a Comfort Keepers® office. You get dependable 24/7 centralized monitoring to ensure that help is always available.
In addition to the basic waterproof button, the SafetyChoice® PERS allows the choice of adding a waterproof two-way voice pendant for extended voice connectivity that spans up to approximately three acres from the base unit.
SafetyChoice® offers a wide range of PERS products with a variety of ranges and features. Contact your Comfort Keepers office for more information.
- Compatible with standard tone landline and most VoIP
- 24 hour emergency battery back-up, should a power outage occur
- EMERGENCY button on the base and/or pendant alerts the central monitoring station for help
- CARETAKER button keeps you connected when it is not an emergency
- Optional HELP speaker button
- Multiple water proof pendant options, including an optional two-way voice pendant and range options for up to 1,000 feet
- Friendly, professional representatives are on duty at the central monitoring station around the clock, and will stay on the line until help arrives
PERS G4000 Emergency Alert Console
An affordable medical alert option for seniors and their families
The SafetyChoice® Personal Emergency Response System G4000 is an affordable medical alert console that can preserve the independence of seniors while offering an immediate response in the first critical moments of an emergency with hands-free, two-way communication. It works with the auto fall sensor accessory.
The system operates with a rechargeable back-up battery in the event of a power failure. It also sends a warning signal for a low battery. Comfort Keepers®, and whomever you wish, will be notified of emergency alerts, and alert activity reports are made available to help keep health care providers informed.
- The built-in speakerphone allows hands-free, two-way voice communication within seconds after pendant is activated.
- Visual and audible alarm indicators are perfect for both hearing and visually impaired users.
- A rechargeable backup battery and warning signals for low battery power help make sure the system is always functioning.
- The lightweight, waterproof button on pendant is convenient and easy to use.
- Friendly, caring, well-trained professionals provide outstanding service when a user contacts the SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station.
- The system provides a transmission range of 200 feet, depending on structural variances.
Auto fall sensor
Sudden falls can have serious consequences, and not everyone can push a button after falling. Now with the SafetyChoice auto fall sensor, seniors at risk of falling can confidently preserve their independence knowing that help will be notified automatically and will respond to their immediate need even when they are unable to call for help.
The SafetyChoice auto fall sensor works with the SafetyChoice G4000 Personal Emergency Response System (PERS). The lightweight, easy-to-wear, water-resistant pendant contains a sensor designed to detect a rapid movement toward the ground or a sudden impact.
PERS G2000 Console
Features a recording function for personalized messages or reminders
This system is great for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, or other special needs who need the use of accessories, such as pressure mats or pillow switches. It is easily expandable as conditions change or more care and oversight of the senior are necessary.
With the simple push of a button on a wrist band or pendant, a caring, professionally trained representative at the SafetyChoice® Centralized Monitoring Station will answer the alert through the two-way, tabletop PERS console and respond to the call for help.
The SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station will then dispatch the appropriate help and stay on the phone until help arrives, whether an ambulance, neighbor, family, or friends.
For added safety and security, the SafetyChoice PERS G2000 can monitor up to 16 safety devices. These include motion detectors, window/door contacts, and pressure-sensitive floor mats that can provide home security or monitor people who wander. Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors also can be added to the PERS.
- This system is great for loved ones who need an interconnected medical alert and monitoring system, which could include pendants, pressure mats, and door and window sensors as well as smoke, carbon monoxide, and motion detectors.
- Family members can record up to eight reminder messages.
- Rechargeable backup batteries help keep the system running during a power outage.
- The emergency call button is always within reach on the lightweight, waterproof pendant and can be worn on the wrist or around the neck at all times, even in the shower.
- Friendly, professional representatives are on duty at the SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and stay on the line until help arrives.
- Visual and audible alarms make PERS G2000 ideal for hearing and visually impaired subscribers.
- The unit has an expected transmission range of 200 feet, depending on structural variances.
PERS LM5000 with 2-Way Voice Pendant
Perfect for active seniors, both inside and outdoors
The SafetyChoice® PERS LM5000 with 2-way voice pendant is great for active seniors looking for monitoring inside and outside of their homes. The pendant range offers security on the opposite side of the home, or in the driveway, or yard. The microphone and speaker in the pendant provide crisp, clear alerts in the palm of a hand.
The 2-way voice pendant is designed to offer security at the touch a button. Upon activation, a well-trained care representative will immediately answer the signal and stay on the line until help arrives.
- A smart choice for active seniors with larger homes, this unit provides extended 500-foot range and lifestyle flexibility.
- Users can choose to wear it as a pendant, bracelet, or belt clip.
- The help button is wireless and water resistant, and can be used outdoors within range of the console.
- The base unit has a rechargeable backup battery for use in the event of a power outage, and contains a separate compartment to charge a spare (included) pendant battery with four to six months of battery time.
- The rechargeable, water-resistant pendant offers six-plus months of battery time.
- The blue emergency button is easily visible in case of emergency.
- A system test button on back of unit makes it easy to confirm proper functioning.
Personal Emergency Response System G1150
Offers flexible, protective care for those with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
This handy unit is great for helping to care for loved ones with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease who may wander or attempt activities that could endanger them. It supports zone-specific needs for floor mats, motion detectors, and window and door sensors.
- This system allows a combination of up to 24 monitors, such as pendants, pressure mats, motion detectors, and window and door sensors.
- Friendly, professional representatives at the SafetyChoice® Centralized Monitoring Station are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and stay on the line until help arrives.
- The G1150 has an expected transmission range of 200 feet, depending on structural variances.
- Zone alerts can be turned on or off to allow for different caregiver and family schedules.
- The system can be set to chime during day or alarm at night.
- The help button is wireless and waterproof and may be worn during showering or bathing.
Cellular Personal Emergency Response System (GSM PERS)
A convenient, cellular-based medical alert system
The GSM SafetyChoice® Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) helps preserve the independence of seniors while offering an immediate response in the first critical moments of an emergency with hands-free, two-way communication over a cellular network.
With the simple push of a button, a kind and well-trained care representative at our SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station will immediately answer the call and stay on the phone until help arrives, whether it is an ambulance, family member, friend, or neighbor.
- This is a smart option for those who do not have a traditional phone landline.
- It features a slim, attractive, lightweight design.
- The system offers a transmission range of 200 feet depending on structural variances.
- The alert activator is available as either a necklace or bracelet.
- The help button is wireless and waterproof and may be worn while showering or bathing.
Home Safety Assessment
Comfort Keepers can provide an in-home assessment to evaluate your safety needs and recommend the right medical alert products. Comfort Keepers will visit the home, work with the family to determine the specific needs, and demonstrate how these home medical alert devices can help seniors stay safe and independent at home.