Comfort Keepers Home Care Integrates Technology with Living Assistance Services for Seniors in Greater Beverly Hills, CA
Comfort Keepers offers living assistance services that help seniors utilize modern technology in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, and the surrounding area
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in utilizing forward-thinking technology solutions to increase care transparency, decrease social isolation, and increase engagement. Our caregivers are trained to use a range of technology to help elders and their loved ones feel connected and purposeful. For further information on how we integrate technology into our living assistance services, call our office at (310) 620-8122 or continue reading below.
Integrating Senior Home Care with Technology
The most successful in-home living assistance programs occur when families and home care professionals collaborate as a senior's integrated care team. Comfort Keepers caregivers use online portals to include care notes, changes in care services, photographs, and updates to family members. Family and friends may monitor the caregiver's implementation of the personalized care plan, their loved one's physical and emotional health, and the care provider's efforts to infuse daily life activities with hope, purpose, and pleasure.
Using Technology to Foster Connection and Increase Engagement
In today's society, email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us linked to one another and the rest of the world. Using these tools to create a sense of closeness may be just as beneficial as in-person visits – especially when being together in the same room is not possible.
Maintaining ties with family and friends is essential for seniors' mental and emotional health. And there is no question that elders benefit from being linked to the outside world. Social isolation has several detrimental consequences, including impaired cognition and depression. Our living assistance services can help elders overcome emotions of loneliness and social isolation via innovative solutions. This may include:
- Regularly scheduled phone and video calls
- Texting to stay connected to friends, family, and community
- Games and activities that promote cognitive function and memory
- Facilitating online activity, such as access to music, dance, photography, and hobbies
- Utilizing our SafetyCare Products to ensure your loved one can be safe at home - even when alone
- Sharing of family photos and event recordings
- Shopping online for groceries
- Scheduling and attending virtual doctor's appointments
Benefits of Seniors Using Technology
Utilizing modern technology comes with a host of benefits for the senior population. It can vastly impact their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially connected to the ones they care most about. It can also provide respite for family caregivers trying to juggle caregiving responsibilities with their personal lives. Below are just a few benefits of integrating technology into living assistance services for seniors and their families:
- It has been found that seniors who use technology and social media have fewer chronic conditions and lower depression than those who don't.
- Seniors agree that using technology has made their life easier for running errands, getting medications, and finding reliable transportation.
- Modern technology is mentally stimulating for older adults as there are endless games, apps, and streaming services for them to take advantage of.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to fear being at home alone, thanks to safety devices that alert family members and the appropriate channels of an accident or fall.
Schedule Your FREE Home Safety Assessment and Consultation
Contact our senior care team today to learn more about how we can integrate technology into our living assistance services in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, and the surrounding area. We will be happy to answer any questions and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. To get started with Comfort Keepers, click one of the buttons below.