About Our Home Health Care Services in Quakertown, PA
Comfort Keepers® is proud of putting seniors and their families first
At Comfort Keepers, we offer a solution for people who want to stay at home, rather than move to a Long Term Care Facility. With over 650 offices across the country, Comfort Keepers specializes in non-medical, home health care services for seniors..
Give us a call at (215) 529-6810 to learn more!
The typical client has two to three caregivers servicing their needs, depending on whether the client is receiving part-time or around-the–clock service. Our staff comprises a variety of workers ranging from college students to working mothers, certified nursing aides, and home health aides. All of whom received detailed background checks before being hired. All our caregivers live locally, therefore making it easier to travel to the clients. We provide a number of services for elderly clients, such as meal preparation, light housekeeping, grocery shopping and laundry washing. We tailor our services to the individuals’ needs.
In addition to caring for the physical needs of the client through home health care services tasks, another important aspect of Comfort Keepers is the companionship that often develops between the caregivers and the client. We treat our clients as if they were part of our own family. Through interviews with new clients, Comfort Keepers attempts to match-up caregivers and clients that share special interests. Even though our clients are typically over the age of 65, Comfort Keepers is available to anyone in need of service over the age of 21.
We have been located in Quakertown area since December 31, 2001. We chose the Quakertown area partly to the location of the area, and partly because of the community. Quakertown is a very centralized location. We also like the town. It is a growing community and a nice place to live.
The idea behind Interactive Caregiving®—backed by solid research—is that seniors who stay actively engaged in life retain better cognitive function, remain in better physical condition, and live happily and independently longer. They are a core part of each of our home health care services.
Interactive Caregiving is based on five primary components, which Comfort Keepers® put to work as we care for, engage and interact with our clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness and a longer life.
- A physically active senior maintains strength and independence, lessening or delaying the effects of aging.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
- A senior who receives help with the activities of daily living (ADLs), and the other four essential components of Interactive Caregiving, is more likely to live safely, happily and independently at home.