Transitional At Home Care for Seniors in Central Oregon
At home care for seniors can make the hospital-to-home transition successful
The time immediately after a hospital stay can be critical to the health and recovery of a loved one. Studies show that the lack of proper support and home care for seniors following surgery or a serious hospitalization can lead to slower recovery or even readmission to the hospital.
Family members often take on the task of at home care for seniors after a hospital stay but can find they are untrained or ill-prepared to meet the physical and emotional challenges of such care. That is why Comfort Keepers offers services to ease the transition home.
What is Transitioning Care?
This specialized at home care for seniors helps ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the services Comfort Keepers can provide includes the following:
- support of the care plan to aid the recovery process
- assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- incidental transportation for follow-up visits
- peace of mind for family and friends
- communication with the medical team as needed
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
In addition to the customary homemaker/companion and personal care services Comfort Keepers provides, we are able to adapt services to accommodate clients with specific medical needs such as
- congestive heart failure.
- myocardial infarction (heart attack).
Let Comfort Keepers help guide you safely through the transition process. It offers clients peace of mind and can help with the recovery once your loved one returns home. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help your family member recover.
Contact Comfort Keepers today to learn how at home care for seniors can benefit your loved one and your family.