Your Loved One is Not an Important Thing, They are Everything!
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
Post-Hospital Care in Parkersburg, WV
Staying at a hospital due to an illness or injury can be stressful, and there are a lot of things to consider when preparing for recovery. What are the risks? Will you be in pain? What type of help will you need to recover? Our post-hospital care services offer a solution that can help you recover more quickly, keep you safe at home, and just as importantly, help you avoid another hospital stay. No matter your situation, Comfort Keepers of Parkersburg is here to ease the transition back home, and help you or a loved one return to a happy and healthy life.
How Post-Hospital Care Reduces Readmissions
When your loved one is discharged from the hospital, you want to make sure they can remain at home. Avoiding hospital readmission is very important because it can increase health dangers such as infections, falls, bedsores, and serious muscle weakness. One of the leading causes of readmission or slow recovery is the lack of proper support following a hospital stay. The first 72 hours after hospital discharge represent a critical time for the patient, often involving a new diagnosis, changes in daily habits, medications, rehab exercises, and more. Our professional home caregivers can provide the monitoring, reminders, and emotional support needed to help you through a full recovery at home. Caregivers will also coordinate with your other providers following discharge so that everyone is always on the same page.
Transitioning Home with Post-Hospital Care Services
Caregivers will work with your loved one each day to support their recovery and serve as a constant source of support. Comfort Keepers of Parkersburg post-hospital care provides the following:
- Support to aid in the recovery process, including medication reminders and ensuring the care plan is followed
- Assistance with household responsibilities, including light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, running errands, etc.
- Transportation to follow-up visits and other medical appointments
- Peace of mind for you, your family, and your friends knowing your loved one is in safe hands
- Communication with care team and family members
- Accommodations for specific medical needs, including pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and myocardial infarction (heart attack)
Comfort Keepers of Parkersburg is here to help you and your loved one through recovery after a hospital stay. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so contact us today to get your loved one the post-hospital care they need.