Your Loved One is our Top Priority - Safer at Home.
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
A Personal Approach to Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care in Vienna, WV
Caring for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s is a struggle for everyone affected. The senior suffering from the disease might struggle to talk, be forgetful, lose their orientation or judgment, or be incapable of decision-making. Dementia is not reversible, instead getting worse over time at a gradual pace or suddenly. Comfort Keepers® understands how hard it is to care for a family member or loved one with dementia and is here to provide home care assistance so they can feel safe in the comforts of their home.
We recognize every senior is different and will have different needs. To help each senior get the best care, Comfort Keepers offers:
- Specially trained caregivers to improve quality of life by assisting and engaging seniors suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s in emotional, intellectual, mental, and physical interactions
- Family education to help understand dementia and Alzheimer’s
- An individualized care plan set up after discussing the senior’s and family’s needs
Dementia Care Services in Vienna, WV
No one is exactly the same, so providing services with preset restrictions does not work. Instead, our Care Coordinator will meet with your loved one and family to determine needs in daily life, figure out safety measures, and answer any questions your family might have. With the information gathered, a plan is created to ensure daily life is made easier as your family member or loved one is cared for and supported. Plans can include:
- Hobbies and activities your family member enjoys encouraging physical and emotional wellbeing, as well as provide mental stimulation and bring joy.
- Support groups, referrals to medical professionals, and resources about dementia for the family
- Daily support, including respite care, healthy meal preparation, companionship, mobility assistance, and transportation
- Care that evolves as dementia progresses, to ensure seniors can continue living in their homes.
Alzheimer’s Home Care in Vienna, WV
Alzheimer’s is the most common variation of dementia, beginning with mild symptoms that gradually advance as it continues. Individuals will suffer from memory loss and have the inability to care for their own personal hygiene and nutritional needs. Seniors with Alzheimer’s are at an increased risk of falling or injuring themselves accidentally. Other symptoms can include:
- Irritability, Depression, or Anxiety
- Poor decision making
- Lack of judgment
- Having trouble performing simple tasks like grooming or personal hygiene
- An inability to remember details, directions, people, words, and events
When trying to take care of someone with Alzheimer’s, it can be a tough and stressful task. It is important to remain flexible to the needs of the senior, and that is where Comfort Keepers can help. Our caregivers are trained to reduce frustrations related to Alzheimer’s, create a safe environment, and be flexible. Contact us to set up an appointment and begin getting a plan in place for your parents or loved one.