Let Us Make Your Loved One Smile
Private Duty Nursing in Marietta, OH
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
With private duty nursing in Marietta, seniors with medical conditions can remain at home where they are most comfortable. You should consider this option if you have an elderly family member who does not wish to transfer to a nursing home, but who has advanced medical needs. The private duty nurse provided by Comfort Keepers of Marietta has your loved one's best interests at heart, putting your mind at ease and keeping their independence intact.
What is a Private Duty Nurse?
Private duty nurses are fully trained and accredited health care professionals who either hold a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) or a Registered Nurse (RN) designation. A private duty nurse has passed all state licensing requirements, but instead of working for a hospital, they work for a home health care agency like Comfort Keepers. Private duty nurses are equipped with the necessary education and skills to provide your loved one with effective one-on-one care. The services of private duty nurses are often used to supplement the services of traditional caregivers.
In-Home Private Duty Nursing Services Marietta, OH
While in-home caregivers can provide services like personal care, mobility assistance, and medication reminders, they cannot dispense medications or carry out other specialized medical tasks. Private duty nurses can provide all of the same medical services as assisted living facilities, except they do so at home. They typically provide the following services:
- Organizing a medication schedule and preparing medications
- Dispensing medications in a variety of forms, including oral medications, eye drops, injections, inhalants, and topicals
- Positioning, transfer, and mobility assistance
- Monitoring vital signs with medical equipment, such as a heart monitor
- Tracking oxygen levels and assessing their impact
- Cleaning the oral cavity and performing personal hygiene tasks
- Managing and caring for an ostomy
- Assessing the site of urinary catheter placement and care
- Cleaning and maintaining ventilators
- Training for family members to provide better care for their loved ones
- Managing diabetes, including administration of insulin
- Dressing changes and wound care
- Postoperative care and support at home
- Providing care to individuals with Alzheimer's disease and dementia
We offer expertly trained private duty nurses who specialize in senior care and can adjust their services to meet the individual needs and preferences of patients. In consultation with you and your family, they will create a plan on how to best administer care and treatment to your loved one.
Contact Us for In-Home Private Duty Nursing in Marietta, OH
Comfort Keepers of Marietta will be glad to provide you and your loved one with the private duty nursing services you need. In addition to receiving extensive medical training in the area of home health, our nurses are experienced in providing advanced medical services to seniors at home. We will work with you on creating a schedule that is convenient for your family. Learn more about how Comfort Keepers of Marietta can help your loved one live comfortably at home by calling (740) 373-7125 today!