Comfort Keepers Home Care Combines Technology and Living Assistance Services for Seniors in Greater Tryon, North Carolina
Comfort Keepers provides living assistance services to elders in Tryon, Columbus, Rutherfordton,and the surrounding region
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in leveraging cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and enhance engagement. Our caregivers are trained to use various technologies to assist seniors and their loved ones in feeling connected and meaningful. Call our office at (828) 436-1994 or continue reading below for more information on incorporating technology into our living assistance services.
Integrating Technology with Care
When families and home care providers work together as a senior's integrated care team, the most effective living assistance programs occur. Caregivers at Comfort Keepers use internet portals to provide care notes, changes in senior care services, pictures, and updates to family members. Family and friends can watch the caregiver's execution of the individualized care plan, their loved one's physical and mental health, and the caregiver's attempts to bring hope, purpose, and joy into everyday living activities.
Using Technology to Improve Connection and Engagement
Email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us connected to one another and the rest of the world in today's society. When being together is not possible, using technology to create a sense of intimacy may be just as helpful as in-person encounters.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is crucial for the mental and emotional wellness of elders. There is little doubt that the elderly benefit from being connected to the outside world. Social isolation has several adverse effects, including decreased cognition and depression. Through creative solutions, our living assistance services can aid seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This might include:
- Phone and video conversations
- Texting to remain in touch with friends, family, and the community
- Cognitive function and memory-boosting games and activities
- Access to music, dancing, photography, and hobbies via the internet
- Using our SafetyCare Products to safeguard your loved one's safety
- Sharing of family pictures and video records of events
- Grocery shopping can be done online
- Doctor's appointments can be scheduled and attended virtually
The Benefits of Seniors Using Technology
Using technology has a plethora of benefits for the elderly population. It may significantly influence their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged to those they care about. It can also provide respite for family caregivers who are juggling caregiving duties with their own life. The below list is just some of the benefits of using technology and living assistance services for seniors and their families:
- Seniors who utilize technology and social media had fewer chronic illnesses and lower levels of depression than those who do not.
- Seniors believe that utilizing technology has made their lives easier by being able to complete errands, receive prescriptions, and locate reliable transportation at the click of a button.
- Modern technology is cognitively engaging for older adults since there are countless games, applications, and streaming services to choose from.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to worry about being alone at home due to safety devices that warn family members and the proper channels in an accident or fall.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Contact our senior care team to learn more about incorporating technology into our living assistance services in Tryon, Columbus, Rutherfordton, and North Carolina's surrounding region. Our care team would gladly answer any questions you may have and set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Click one of the buttons below to get started with Comfort Keepers.