Our Dementia Caregivers in Greensboro, NC Are Here to Help Care for Your Loved One
Here at Comfort Keepers of Greensboro, NC our dementia caregivers work with you and your loved one to create an end of life care or an Alzheimer's and dementia care plan that will allow them to continue living in their home or with you in yours. Alzheimer's disease is a not quite so quiet killer as well as being a serious mental disorder.
Things You May Not Know About Alzheimer's Disease
- The latest figures released by the Alzheimer's Association show that more than 5.8 million Americans suffer from Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- Alzheimer's is typically diagnosed in those adults over the age of 60.
- The latest statistics from the National Institute on Aging show that this mental disorder is the sixth leading cause of death.
- Every 65 seconds, another American is diagnosed with this terrible disease. On a global scale, the numbers are even worse with one person being diagnosed every 33 seconds.
- The cost of caring for those with Alzheimer's and dementia has already reached $1.1 trillion around the world and is expected to continue rising unchecked for the foreseeable future.
Give us a call at (336) 252-4429 to learn more!
Support for your family only takes
While scientists and medical experts are continuing to study Alzheimer's disease, they still do not know what causes it or how to cure it. In most cases, once someone is diagnosed with this disease, it tends to fall on family members, even though they have no training in doing so. A recent study shows that over 50 million people around the world have some level of Alzheimer's disease. On a global level, one person dies from complications of Alzheimer's disease every 3 seconds.
It All Comes Down to Time
By the time your parents are of an age where they are at risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia, chances are that you will have a family of your own, a career to manage, and a home that you never seem to have enough time to appreciate. This leaves you very little extra time to care for a loved one suffering from a disease that requires large amounts of time and energy to manage. Burning the candle at both ends can be more than most people can handle. Before you find yourself burning out, let one of our Comfort Keepers dementia caregivers step in and help.
Each member of our staff has undergone significant education and training before they are allowed to work with clients suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia. They do not come to your home intending to take over from you in caring for your loved one. Rather, they arrive ready to step in and help you make it possible for them to continue living at home. While in your home, they can provide you with a wealth of information to help you better understand dementia and how you can help them.
There's No Place Like Home
Although many seniors who have Alzheimer's disease and dementia end up spending their remaining days living in nursing homes, this may not be what's best for them. In many cases, this is simply because their family doesn’t realize that with the help of professionals like those available from Comfort Keepers, their loved ones can continue to live at home where they feel safe and comfortable. Doctors say that living in familiar surroundings not only helps to relieve much of the anxiety and stress that are a hallmark of this disease, but will help them live a much happier and healthier life.
Our Team Arrives Ready to Help
Here at Comfort Keepers, we know you are doing your best to care for your loved one with only a bare minimum understanding of Alzheimer's and Dementia. We also know that if you continue to do so without the help of a professional dementia caregiver, it won't be long before you run out of steam. Our dementia caregivers are prepared to offer a wide range of dementia care services designed to help your loved one and make your life a little bit less stressful. Each of our caregivers has undergone intensive training to ensure they arrive at your home ready to help with end of life care services. Among the many services they offer are:
- Providing your loved one with a daily regimen of mental exercises and enjoyable activities that can help to stimulate their brain. Doing so can also help to reduce the anxiety and confusion that are typical of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- They will also help establish a daily log to be used for recording any changes in your loved one's behavior. Having a record of these changes is the best way to help their medical care team understand where your loved one is at and what if any changes need to be made in their dementia care plan.
- Our caregivers offer transportation services and can also help by running errands as needed.
These are only part of the many services they offer, among the many others are:
- Incontinence Care
- Mobility Assistance
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
These are only a few of the many end of life care services offered by our agency. Our goal is to do everything we can to help your loved one continue living in their home or with you in yours. Along with this they also offer respite care designed to help you take a break so you can get the rest you need and take care of any personal business you might have. Our caregivers are always ready to share their knowledge with you and help make it easier for you to provide the care your loved ones need.
If you would like to learn more about Comfort Keepers of Greensboro, NC, and our highly skilled dementia caregivers, please feel free to contact us online at (336) 252-4429 and schedule your free care consultation with one our Alzheimer's and dementia advisors today!