Veterans Home Care Assistance in Pittsford, NY
Pension benefits for Veterans and their spouses so they can remain at home
In need of home care assistance and are a Veteran or the surviving spouse of one? As part of your VA Health Care benefits you may also qualify for support through the VA Aid & Attendance Benefits and the Housebound Allowance program.
Give us a call at (585) 204-6067 to learn more!
Support for your family only takes
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding VA Aid and Housebound Allowance
What is the difference between VA Aid and Household Allowance?
Both VA Aid and Housebound Allowance increase the monthly pension amount paid to the Veteran or their surviving spouse in order to cover the costs of short and long term care. The difference lies in the eligibility requirements.
VA Aid can be used for temporary illness or disability assistance and Housebound Allowance is only for permanent disabilities or illnesses.
What are VA Aid eligibility requirements?
You can be eligible for VA Aid if one or more of the following are true:
- You require assistance from another to perform Activities For Daily Living (ADL’s)
- You are primarily bedridden due to illness or a disability
- You are in a nursing home for the loss of physical and mental abilities due to illness or a disability
- Your eyesight is 5/200 or less in both eyes, even with glasses or contact lenses
What are Housebound Allowance eligibility requirements?
You can be eligible for Housebound Allowance if the following is true:
- You have one or more disabilities that permanently confines you to the home or other living facility
Can I receive both the VA Aid and Housebound Allowance pension rates?
While you may be eligible for both, you cannot receive these rates at the same time.
How do I apply for VA Aid or Housebound Allowance?
You can apply to receive these Veterans home care assistance benefits by:
- Sending a VA Form 21-2680 to your pension management center
- Sending a VA Form 21-0779 to your pension management center (only for those in a nursing home)
- Applying in person at your VA regional office
How much aid can be expected?
Rates will be determined based on:
- Whether you’re eligible for VA Aid or Housebound Allowance (MAPR)
- Whether you’re a Veteran or a surviving spouse of one (MAPR)
- The number of dependants you have (MAPR)
- Your countable income of yourself and your dependents; including Social Security, investment payouts, or retirement payments
*MAPR, or maximum annual pension rate, are based on these factors and other limits set by congress
Read more about…
Other Avenues For Veterans Home Care Assistance
In addition to the pension benefits provided through the VA Aid and Housebound Allowance programs, Veterans and their families can receive support if they qualify for:
Give Us A Call
We want to thank all Veterans and active duty members of the military for all that they do. Know that our caregivers will also do all that they can to ensure you and your family are safe, happy, and healthy at home. Give our Pittsford, NY agency a call at (585) 204-6067 or contact us online to learn more about Veterans home care assistance, or to schedule a free in-home assessment.