Offering superior Alzheimer's and Dementia Care for our Senior community in Pittsford, NY, and our surrounding area
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in providing Alzheimer's and Dementia care in Pittsford, New York, so that your senior loved one can stay as self-sufficient as possible without leaving their home to obtain these industry-leading services. Many individuals diagnosed with this severe disease can continue to live at home with the help of our senior caregivers, who will ensure that your loved one receives the treatment they deserve on a routine basis.
- 5.8 million, the number of Americans currently living with Alzheimer's disease.
- The 6th leading cause of death in America, more than those who have died from heart attacks.
- 145% is the increase in deaths attributed to Alzheimer's disease from 2000 to 2017.
- 9% is the decrease in deaths attributed to heart attacks between 2000 and 2017.
Consider this if these stats aren't enough to make you concerned. Every 65 seconds, someone in the United States is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. On a global scale, one person is diagnosed with Alzheimer's every 33 seconds, affecting approximately 50 million people worldwide. We've spent more than $1.1 trillion worldwide to care for loved ones affected by this horrible illness. Despite our best efforts, we are still no closer to understanding what causes Alzheimer's disease or how to treat it, even with the significant time, effort, and money involved. To learn more about Alzheimer's and Dementia, check out the Alzheimer's Association for the latest news and recommended support for a loved one struggling with this disease.
Our wide array of services enables your loved one to enjoy a few hours of comprehensive care daily to round-the-clock 24-hour personal care. Whatever their needs are, we guarantee that each visit from our experienced caregivers – known as Comfort Keepers® – will be a positive and memorable experience!
There Isn't Enough Time
One of the most common complaints we hear from people providing Alzheimer's and Dementia care for a loved one is a lack of time for themselves. It is time for you to prioritize your loved one, family, home, and profession. Caring for an elderly loved one with Alzheimer's or Dementia can be a stressful and challenging responsibility. When you're exhausted and desperate for a good night's sleep, let Comfort Keepers come to your rescue with our team of highly trained caregivers that specialize in Alzheimer's and Dementia Care so you can take time away from caring for your loved one and focus on yourself.
Those with Alzheimer's Disease Can Still Live at Home
Unfortunately, far too many families fail to recognize that just because someone has Alzheimer's disease does not mean they cannot live safely and comfortably at home or with a family member. As long as sufficient care is provided, living at home is much more advantageous for them than living in a home care facility. Allowing your loved ones to go about their everyday lives will help reduce confusion and anxiety while promoting a healthy and stable home environment.
The Care We Offer Can Help
At Comfort Keepers, we can match your loved one with one of our highly trained, experienced caregivers who can provide a number of services that will simplify your and your senior loved one's lives. Our services include:
- Working with your loved one on mental exercises and entertaining activities will help them maintain their mental health, stay engaged, and foster a level-headed outlook on life. This is one of the few strategies available for enabling individuals with Alzheimer's and Dementia to stay alert and well-informed of their surroundings.
- Working to keep a written journal of any changes in your loved one's behavior that may directly influence the Alzheimer's and Dementia care services recommended by our care staff.
- Working with your loved one to regularly provide personal and home care services. These include but are not limited to bathing, personal hygiene, toileting care, light housekeeping, laundry washing, and folding, healthy meal preparation, and more!
- Providing Respite Care for family caregivers who require a break from caring for a senior loved one. This service is designed to give you time to indulge in self-care activities such as sleeping, shopping, or visiting your favorite spa! You may do whatever you want with your leisure time since our Comfort Keepers caregivers have your back!
If you have an older family member who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, our professional caregivers at Comfort Keepers of Pittsford, NY, can help. Contact us via our home care survey button below or by phone to set up a free care consultation with one of our senior caregivers to discuss your loved one's needs. They will work with you to develop an Alzheimer's and Dementia care plan that is personalized to their unique needs and adaptable as those needs change.