Caregiving Can Be Complicated. Let Us Make it Easy.
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
In-Home Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Normandy Beach, NJ
Dementia is a disease that can cause the sufferer to feel depressed, anxious, confused, and isolated. To help individuals cope with the difficulties associated with memory loss due to dementia and Alzheimer’s, Comfort Keepers® provides home care assistance to ensure every senior can feel safe and comfortable in their homes. Our caregivers are trained to help engage clients in physical, intellectual, and emotional interactions to improve their quality of life.
Every individual requires different care needs. To accommodate the specific needs for each senior and their family, Comfort Keepers provides:
- Caregivers specially trained to assist seniors suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s
- A care plan designed with the senior and family in mind
- Family education to better understand dementia and Alzheimer’s
- A care plan focused on the senior’s interests to engage them physically, emotionally, and mentally
- In-home services including, but not limited to medication reminders, family respite care, personal care, and companionship
Personalized Dementia Care in Normandy Beach, NJ
We recognize every individual is unique. Instead of providing preset plans, our Care Coordinator will meet with your parents or loved one and your family to discuss their day-to-day routine, answer questions, and determine safety needs. A plan is created based on each senior’s needs to ensure they receive reliable care and support. Your loved one and your family can expect:
- Activities to bring joy by allowing seniors to participate in their favorite activities which provide mental stimulation, and encourage physical and emotional wellbeing
- Support in needed areas, including personal care, respite care, companionship, physician-prescribed nutrition plan and exercise, and more
- Referrals to medical professionals, support groups, and resources for the family
As the disease progresses, the care needed will evolve and require more from those providing care. Our experienced and compassionate caregivers are prepared to assist in alleviating the feelings that come as a result, including anxiety, restlessness, and fear. Our caregivers are here to ensure seniors can live in their home, while receiving assistance with everyday activities and companionship.
Support for Seniors with Alzheimer’s in Normandy Beach, NJ
Alzheimer's disease is the most commonly known variation of dementia. It affects the area of the brain controlling thought, memory, and language. It is tough watching a family member suffer as the condition progresses, and requires patience, empathy, and love to cope with it. While there is no known cure, our specially trained Alzheimer’s caregivers can take steps to help seniors feel more comfortable, including:
- Scheduling daily activities wisely by including the senior and providing choices to reduce frustration
- Remaining flexible and adapting the routine as needed to ensure your loved one feels most comfortable
- The environment is made safe by preventing falls, taking fire safety precautions, and using locks where needed
- Providing opportunities for engagement to build and nurture authentic and meaningful relationships
Comfort Keepers will help work through these recommendations to create the best care plan and environment for your loved one. Contact us at (732) 557-0010 for more information and to set up a consultation.