Personal Home Care in Pitman, NJ, and the Surrounding Area
Learn more about our personal care services available for your senior loved one
For independent loved ones living in their own home, Comfort Keepers Home Care in Pitman provides elite personal home care for seniors and disabled adults. When daily activities like grooming, light cleaning, cooking, and traveling become too difficult to do on their own, our caregivers support your senior so they can have an uplifting life.
What is Personal Care?
Starting with hygiene and daily tasks, personal care includes grooming, bathing, light cleaning, toileting, and other daily duties. When your senior has trouble completing these tasks in comfort, Comfort Keepers caregivers provide care.
Our specialty-trained caregivers support seniors in any condition. Whether your senior is bedbound or has a cognitive condition, provide the care your senior needs to stay safe and secure while living at home. Team-oriented, we work with your senior’s medical team to ensure their health path is on track. To provide the right amount of personal home care for them, we have part-time, full-time, and 24/7 care.
Plans can include:
Bathing and Hygiene
Your senior’s self-esteem and emotional health can improve with the right amount of hygiene. These tasks may include:
- Showering and bathing
- Getting dressed, including shoes and accessories (belt, watch, jewelry, etc.)
- Brushing teeth or dentures
- Styling and brushing hair
- Makeup application
- Shaving with an electric razor
Many seniors are embarrassed to admit when they need help with bathing. But many serious health issues can result from poor bathing habits.
Fall Prevention and Mobility Assistance
Your senior’s home might have many fall risks. The bathroom has a plethora of slippery surfaces. Comfort Keepers can reduce fall risks and help keep your loved one safe while receiving personal home care. Having the extra support has many benefits including:
- Less risk with trained help and a steady arm
- Less temptation to skip out on housekeeping tasks or personal hygiene, like getting to the bathroom to bathe or getting around the kitchen for dinner
- Companionship to help with chores not only makes tasks easier to complete, but also brings comfort just in having someone to talk to and socialize.
Transferring and Positioning
With the right assistance, your senior can get in and out of chairs, beds, and wheelchairs. If your senior loved one is bedbound, we can position them properly to reduce bed sores.
Toileting and Incontinence Care
By earning your senior’s trust, toileting care is another service available with our personal home care services.
Senior Nutrition & Meal Prep
We create healthy and exciting meals based on your senior’s personalized dietary needs. We also cook, shop, prepare meals.
Our uplifting personal care services can also include:
- Care for those with memory issues or cognitive impairments
- Medication reminders and management
- Assisting with errands or transportation to appointments
- Support for physician prescribed exercise programs
- Change in condition monitoring
- Fall risk assessment and assistance with fall prevention
Call Comfort Keepers Home in Pitman, NJ today to begin your personal home care journey.