A Caregiver Can Provide Safety to Your Loved One in Reno, NV and Surrounding Areas
Learn how an expert caregiver can boost your loved one’s safety at home in Reno, NV
When you are in need of reliable home care services, you can count on Comfort Keepers to be your partner in care. Not only will an expert caregiver, assigned to your loved one based on expertise, experience, and personality traits, help your parent with activities of daily living, but they will also take every possible measure to increase their safety at home.
How A Caregiver Can Help
Senior safety at home can be increased in many ways. For instance, a caregiver can:
- Assist with personal hygiene, minimizing risks that are present in the bathroom
- Provide medication reminders, ensuring medications are taken as prescribed and preventing any errors
- Help with household tasks, preventing any accidents or injuries that may occur as a result of performing strenuous tasks
When you choose Comfort Keepers, these are just some of the pieces of a much larger puzzle. Namely, we offer fall prevention services in addition to our regular home care services. With fall prevention, a caregiver assesses the situation in your loved one’s household and then proposes various safety measures. These can include:
- Installing grab bars in bathrooms and handrails where needed
- Securing carpets and rugs
- Removing clutter
- Rearranging small furniture
Since our care features mobility assistance as well, a care expert can help your loved one around the home, assist with proper transferring and positioning from chairs and in beds, and supervise any exercises your parent should perform to boost mobility and coordination.
For seniors who wish to be protected around the clock, we offer a line of safety products that can enable your loved one to feel much safer at home when a family member or caregiver is not around. Our state-of-the-art devices include:
- Personal Emergency Response System that allows seniors to call for help in case of an emergency with a simple push of a button
- Medication management systems that facilitate medication use
- Home monitoring systems like window alarms and pressure mats that are commonly used to prevent wandering in seniors with Alzheimer’s but can also serve as protection against intruders
As you can see, there are many ways how we can make your loved one’s life a lot safer and more comfortable. To learn more about our products and services and schedule your free home consultation, please contact our office in Reno, NV, today! We are happy to help!