Respite Care in Enfield, CT, and the Surrounding Area
Comfort Keepers gives you a break from providing care so you can rest and recharge
Caregiving can be a rewarding and bonding experience within a family, yet in even the best situations, the responsibility and ongoing routine can be stressful and tiring—especially when balanced with a job or caring for children.
When family caregivers are emotionally drained, they are likely less effective at playing this critical role. Comfort Keepers Home Care in Enfield, CT can provide respite care or temporary relief to those who care for family members who might otherwise require permanent placement in a facility outside the home.
What is Respite Care?
Known in some countries as “short break” care, respite services provide planned short-term breaks for families and other unpaid caregivers who need time outside the home or to simply take a rest. This specialized care helps support and maintain the primary caregiving relationship. In addition to short-term care, we provide companionship and personal care, including:
- Bathing and toileting assistance
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including dressing and grooming
- Light house cleaning, including laundry as needed
- Meal preparation and mealtime together
- Companionship to your loved one so you can get a much-needed break
How Comfort Keepers Respite Care Can Help
Respite care services give you time to leave the home for a few hours or even a few days, knowing the one you care for is in good hands. This creates time to
- Take care of the errands you never seem to have time for
- Catch up on your shopping
- Attend a support group meeting
Contact us today to learn more about our unique approach to caregiving and personalized care plans. Our senior care coordinators will be happy to schedule your family a free care consultation!