What to Expect From Comfort Keepers In Home Care in Agawam, MA and the Surrounding Area
Find out why in home care is one of the most beneficial types of care for seniors living in Agawam, MA.
If your loved needs support to continue living independently at home, you are probably wondering what type of services in home care offers and how your parent can benefit from them.
Here’s what you can expect from Comfort Keepers serving the Agawam, MA area:
- Personal Care and Hygiene - A disheveled appearance can be one of the first signs that a senior needs some assistance with the activities of daily living. If you have noticed that your parent doesn’t take as much care of hygiene as they used to, a care provider can help. Bathing, grooming, and assistance with hygiene are an important aspect of in home care as they can help a senior regain his or her self-confidence.
- Mobility Assistance - If your loved one has mobility problems, our caregivers can help them remain active and independent in accordance with their abilities. If your parent is recovering from an illness or injury, Comfort Keepers can provide encouragement and supervision to perform physical therapy.
- Medicine Management - Our care providers can help your loved one manage their medicine, which includes making sure that all the prescriptions are refilled on time, that your parent is taking their medications as prescribed, and that their medications have not expired.
- Running Errands and Grocery Shopping - Comfort Keepers can either shop for groceries alone or they can help your loved one. They can also run all sorts of errands in the neighborhood, including picking up and refilling prescriptions, paying bills and going to the local post office.
- Meal Preparation - In home care providers can prepare meals for your loved one, taking into consideration any health recommendations, special dietary needs, and personal preferences. If your parent enjoys cooking, they can prepare meals together with their caregiver. Comfort Keepers also recognize the importance of socialization during mealtime, so they can keep your loved one company while they eat.
- Light Housekeeping & Laundry - Our caregivers can help your parent keep their home clean and organized. We provide help with domestic tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning bathrooms. If your loved one wants to take part in housekeeping, Comfort Keepers can find them something not too demanding to do. As for laundry services, our care providers can either wash the clothes in your parent’s home or at a laundromat. They can also iron their clothes.
- Companionship - Many seniors who live alone may become begin to feel isolated, which can lead to mental health problems such as depression. In home care providers can alleviate loneliness through conversation, playing games and sharing meals.
- Transportation - If your loved one is no longer capable of independent driving, our caregivers can provide transportation services in the area as well.
If you would like to know more about our in home care services and plans, please contact us today at (860) 375-3147.