Elder Care Services For Seniors With ALS And Parkinson's In Colorado Springs, CO
Learn more about the role Comfort Keepers elder care services can play in providing specialized ALS and Parkinson's care to the Colorado Springs, CO area.
If you are currently providing care for a loved one suffering from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or Parkinson's Disease, you are likely aware of the specialized elder care services and increased level of support needed to ensure your loved one's safety as a neurodegenerative disease progresses. As diseases such as ALS and Parkinson's increasingly affect one's ability to function both physically and mentally, one's ability to complete tasks of daily living, and subsequently their quality of life, can greatly suffer. That's where Comfort Keepers comes in.
At Comfort Keepers, we know that there are many benefits of having a trained professional to guide and support your loved one through their challenging journey with ALS or Parkinson's. One of the greatest benefits is the peace of mind a senior and their family can get knowing they are receiving the dedicated elder care services and support they need to battle each individual challenge that come with these diseases. as no two people experience these diseases in the same way.
As no two people develop the same symptoms at the same time, our caregivers are trained to truly personalize the assistance they provide to each individual. A few examples of personalized elder care services that our caregivers can assist your loved one suffering from ALS or Parkinson’s include:
- Assistance with meal preparation, nutritional planning and grocery shopping
- Support for activities of daily living (i.e. showering, dressing, toileting)
- Transportation to appointments, events and other destinations
- Planning motor and non-motor activities geared an individual interests and capabilities (i.e. painting, cooking, reading, walking around a local park, perusing a memory-filled photo album)
- Helping with exercise routines recommended by a physician
- Providing guidance on making the home environment safer to accommodate physical changes (i.e. adding touch lights, railings and stair lifts)
If you’d like to learn more about how our comprehensive care services have helped someone suffering from a neurogenerative disease watch Jack's Story or, if you believe our specialized elder care services could be what your loved one needs during this difficult time, contact us today.
- Colorado Parkinson Foundations, Inc
- Colorado Springs Parkinson's Support Group
- Rocky Mountain ALS Association Chapter