Alzheimer's and Dementia Care in San Diego, CA, and the Surrounding Areas
Our Alzheimer's & Dementia Care is dedicated to assisting elders in San Diego, CA in maintaining their independence at home.
Dementia or Alzheimer's disease affects 18% of the tens of thousands of seniors we help. Comfort Keepers dementia care in San Diego, CA, or the surrounding areas understands the difficulties families have when caring for a senior with Alzheimer's disease or dementia, especially when allowing them to remain at home comfortably.
Our specially trained caregivers engage clients in intellectual, physical, and emotional activities that improve the quality of life for elders and their families while also supplementing medical therapy for dementia care.
We can help you care for your loved one at home while giving you the support you need and providing outstanding care. We believe that everyone, regardless of age or level of care, should have the opportunity to experience moments of connection, purpose, and joy.
Perks Available to Families Who Choose Comfort Keepers:
- Caregivers with specialized training
- We will educate families so that they can fully understand dementia
- To keep seniors physically, cognitively, and emotionally active, tasks are incorporated into the dementia care plan and adapted to the senior's interests
- In-home services include things like personal care, companionship, medication reminders, and family respite care
- The SafetyChoice® in-home safety solutions include medical alert systems and motion detectors
We already know about Alzheimer's disease, dementia symptoms, how it impacts behavior, and how it progresses at different rates for different seniors. Comfort Keepers will create and implement a personalized care plan for people with dementia that considers both physical and mental needs and goals.
Comfort Keepers Help With Dementia Care in Many Different Ways
Our caregivers have been screened for empathy, trained to assist elders with Alzheimer's disease and other kinds of dementia, and given the authority to find ways to brighten the spirits of our clients and their families through personalized home care planning.
Our caregivers also rely on the Comfort Keepers Interactive Caregiving system. With Interactive Caregiving, we learn about our customers' interests, preferences, and even prior life events, allowing us to get to know them on a more personal level. This enables us to combine simulations of mental and physical activity. Our clients and caregivers build a bond. They commonly listen to music from their favorite era, read an old favorite book, or engage in memory exercises like going through family photos or talking about current events.
Services Available to You:
- Individualized in-home care programs that address both physical and nonphysical requirements and goals
- Activities that are enjoyable, mentally stimulating, and helpful to one's bodily and emotional well-being. These activities are part of the care plan to improve your loved one's quality of life and physical health by considering their interests and talents
- Companionship, respite care, and other requirements can all be met with the help of a physician's nutrition and fitness programs
- There are resources and links to medical specialists accessible for family caregivers
How to Look After Adults With Alzheimer's at Home
It's vital to be versatile and patient when caring for a loved one with dementia. The Mayo Clinic is always available to provide advice on how to manage everyday responsibilities and watch for someone who is at risk of developing dementia, including:
- Reduce the number of irritants in your life
- Be flexible in your approach
- Create a safe atmosphere
- Focus on individualized care
Comfort Keepers can help you and your loved one put these ideas into action so that you can give the best possible environment and care plan for your loved ones. Our caregivers are trained to provide Alzheimer's and dementia care that promotes meaningful participation, builds genuine, compassionate connections, and follows a care plan that adapts as the senior's needs change.
Schedule a Complimentary Home Care Consultation
Contact our in-home care agency today at (888) 609-8997 to book a free consultation and learn more about what our Alzheimer's and dementia care programs can do for you and your family. A member of our care team will be pleased to meet with you for a no-obligation consultation to review your individual needs, schedule, and budget.