Respite Care Provider in Virginia Beach, VA
Professional assistance to help the many family caregivers in our area
Making the commitment to take care of an elderly loved one can be a wonderful experience. But at the same time, it can become a lot of hard work. According to a recent AARP study, family caregivers spend more than 40 hours a week caring for their loved ones.
More facts from the AARP study:
- Partners spend an average of 44.6 hours caring for their spouse or partner
- Family caregivers spend over 41 hours caring for a loved one
- Average time spent caring for a loved one approx. 24.4 hours
Caring for an Elderly Loved One Is Special
You are doing the best you can to care for your loved one it the same manner as they once cared for you. However, it's a tough job and there is nothing wrong with reaching for a helping hand when you need it. As a premier respite care provider, Comfort Keepers of Virginia Beach, VA is here to help. We have a team of superb caregivers who have been trained to provide a range of personal care and homemaking services, giving you time to take a welcome break.
We be there when you have a family emergency or on a regular schedule to give you time for yourself and the rest of your family. We always recommend you use the time for a little self-care.
Give us a call at (757) 204-1108 to learn more!
What Does a Respite Care Provider Do?
You spend countless hours caring for your loved one, care that comes at a cost. With Comfort Keepers, we'll come into your home to help with the many daily tasks you have to deal with. You can use this time for a date night or play video games with your kids. It's up to you how you make use of it.
You can use the time to go to the stores, the bank, school, or simply take a trip to your favorite spa or salon. Most of all you need to use it to take care of yourself.
We Are Proud of Our Caregivers
At Comfort Keepers we are proud of every member on our team, we believe them to be among the best in the nation. They are fully trained, certified and licensed, and have passed a complete background check for the safety of your loved one.
It's Time to Talk to Your Loved One
Talking to your loved one about bringing in a stranger can be challenging. Most seniors are less than happy to share their personal details with a stranger or feel as though they are giving up their independence.
Here are a few suggestions that might make things go a little easier:
- Focus your conversations on the many benefits for both you and your loved one
- Be sure you listen to their concerns and points of view
- Choose the place and time to talk very carefully
- You must realize you aren't likely to succeed after the first conversation
- Do your homework and be ready to offer several options and any potential senior care schedules
- Be sure you emphasize the fact that you are not going to abandon them and that you will continue being their primary family caregiver.
- Use questions designed to guide your loved one to the "right" conclusion
- Make your questions as directly as possible
Our Services Are Here to Help
You and your loved one have established routines and you have a standard of care that's all your own. How do you know that our respite care provider will stick to the same routines or provide the same level of care? The only way to find out is to talk to our senior care advisor during your care consultation and meet our caregivers.
We have designed our services to include a reliable professional who can help lighten the load and give you the break you deserve. This is the perfect time to rest and recuperate, which will make you a much better-prepared family caregiver.
If you are ready to learn more about our in home respite services including a skilled respite care provider, contact Virginia Beach, VA at (757) 204-1108. Our phone lines are manned 24/7 by agents who can answer many of your questions and schedule that free care consultation for you.