We Provide Complete Alzheimer's and Dementia Home Care Support for Families in Lehighton, PA
When it comes to clients suffering from Alzheimer's disease and the dementia that accompanies it, you can count on Comfort Keepers of Lehighton, PA to provide the dementia home care and support needed. Our mission, to help your loved one to remain in the comfort and safety of their home or that of a family caregiver.
Alzheimer's Statistics You Should Know!
- There are more than 5.8 million adults living with Alzheimer's and dementia in the U.S. according to the Alzheimer's Association.
- While the number of deaths caused by heart attacks in the U.S. dropped by 9% from 2000 to 2017, during the same time period the number of deaths caused by Alzheimer's disease rose by approximately 145%.
- One in three seniors will die from either Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia.
- Alzheimer's and dementia are responsible for more deaths than both breast and prostate cancer combined.
- One American will develop this disease every 65 seconds.
- By 2050 the cost of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias will cost the U.S. $1.1 trillion.
Scientists are only now beginning to understand what causes a person to fall victim to this debilitating disease. There is no known way to prevent it and no cures for it. Given this, the best thing anyone can do is develop an Alzheimer's and dementia home care plan.
There Aren't Enough Hours In the Day
Most families who are providing their elderly loved ones with the dementia home care services they need are also trying to juggle taking care of their own family, a career, and taking care of their home. Before you allow yourself to become overwhelmed, contact Comfort Keepers of Lehighton, PA and let us provide you with one of our highly skilled caregivers. They are available to help you care for your loved one and to teach you about the disease and the best ways to care for your loved one.
Having Alzheimer's Does Not Mean Being Confined to a Nursing Home
Far too many seniors with Alzheimer's and dementia end up in nursing homes. In many cases, this is not necessary providing they have access to the right dementia home care services. Research has shown time and again that those who are able to continue living with family or in their homes are able to enjoy a more satisfying and enjoyable life. By allowing them to continue enjoying a familiar daily routine, you are helping to reduce the anxiety and confusion that are symptoms of both Alzheimer's and dementia.
There Are Many Benefits to Seek Professional Dementia Home Care Services
We know that you are doing everything you can to provide your loved one with the best possible Alzheimer's and dementia home care. However, there are several important benefits to bringing in the help of a professional caregiver.
Our Professional Caregiver Can:
- Help to develop a well-planned routine that includes a series of mental exercises and fun things to do that have been designed to help stimulate your loved one's brain, reducing the anxiety and confusion that are a trademark of these mental disorders.
- Help you to maintain a log of the changes in your loved one's mental and physical capabilities as they occur. Providing this information to their medical care team will make it easier for them to make the necessary adjustments to their dementia home care plan.
- Provide incidental transportation and run errands for things like medications and food.
- Provide your loved one with a vast array of both personal and homemaking services.
- Provide familial caregivers with respite care that lets them take a break and keep from becoming overwhelmed.
- Provide familial caregivers with the education and tools they need to successfully care for their loved one as their condition progresses.
If you have a senior family member who has been diagnosed with either Alzheimer's disease or dementia, you don't have to go through it alone. At Comfort Keepers of Lehighton, PA our caregivers offer a vast array of dementia home care services designed to help your loved one remain in the comfort and safety of their home or yours.
If you would like more information on our dementia home care plans, contact Comfort Keepers of Lehighton, PA at (484) 206-5341 and let one of our advisors schedule a free care consultation to discuss your loved one care plan.