Your Loved One Is Our Top Priority
Dementia & Alzheimer's Care in Omaha, NE
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Care Consultation
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
At Comfort Keepers Omaha, we understand how challenging it can be to provide care for a loved one with dementia. When you need to take a well-deserved break and find extra assistance, we are here to help. As leaders in specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care, our caregivers have the knowledge and experience to meet the unique needs of individuals with the disease. They also receive ongoing training on managing symptoms and provide a variety of services to help your loved one remain at home for as long as possible.
Understanding Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
Dementia is a general term for a group of symptoms that negatively impact memory, reasoning, and cognitive tasks. Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive form of dementia that slowly causes impairment in memory and cognitive function. This disease also causes damage to the brain years before its symptoms appear. The symptoms of Alzheimer’s and dementia often overlap, but making the distinction between the two is important for the treatment and management of the disease.
Both conditions can cause:
- The decline in the ability to think
- Difficulties with memory and communication
The symptoms of Alzheimer’s include:
- Difficulty remembering recent events or conversations
- Apathy and depression
- Impaired judgment
- Disorientation and confusion
- Behavioral changes
- Difficulty speaking, swallowing or walking (in advanced stages)
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Services in Omaha
In the early stages of dementia and Alzheimer's, an individual may only have minor changes in functioning. However, as the disease progresses, they may experience a decline in cognitive ability and have the need for round-the-clock assistance. If you have a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia, our in-home care services can be highly beneficial.
At Comfort Keepers Omaha, our specialized in-home care services include the following:
- Help with personal care such as bathing, dressing, and toileting
- 24/7 monitoring and fall prevention
- Behavior management
- Provide companionship and mentally stimulating activities
- Laundry and light housekeeping
- Escort to medical appointments and other errands
- Medication tracking and reminders
- Meal planning and preparation
- Mobility and transfer assistance
Contact Comfort Keepers of Omaha
Comfort Keepers provides high-quality Alzheimer’s and dementia care to families in Omaha and surrounding areas. To learn more about our in-home care services or to schedule a consultation, give us a call at (402) 991-9880 today! We look forward to hearing from you!