Private Duty Nursing MN in Anoka, Blaine, Andover, Elk River and surrounding areas.
Quality private duty nursing MN services for seniors in the Northern Twin Cities.
While many family members or professional caregivers are initially sufficient to meet the initial care needs of a senior, what happens when those needs begin to intensify and the senior requires regular medical attention? This is where Comfort Keepers steps in with our private-duty nursing. Our private nursing provides the medical care your senior loved one needs to maintain their independence, thus allowing seniors with more intensive care needs to remain in the comfort of their own homes instead of a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
Comfort Keepers private duty nursing MN provides a highly-skilled Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) to visit your loved one and assist or take care of medical tasks. While private duty nursing does focus more on the senior’s medical needs, all nurses are still trained in our Interactive CaregivingTM model. This means that each nurse will take an active interest in your senior loved one and engage them in the care process when able. Services provided through nursing care include:
- Setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or in automated medication dispensing machines to ensure medications are administered in the correct dosages and at the right time.
- Administering various medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and ear drops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Providing personal medical in the form of nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Training family members to provide care
Comfort Keepers private duty nursing may be delivered by a trained caregiver through nurse-delegated services or by a qualified RN or LPN. Each caregiver is trained for their client's specific needs and monitored through regularly scheduled nursing visits. Each nurse will work closely with the client’s medical support team and family to ensure the quality of care. For more information call 763-786-1000