A Respite Care Worker Can Support You As You Support Your Loved Ones in Royal Oak, MI
In millions of homes across the country, family caregivers are shouldering the responsibility of caring for their elderly loved ones. They do it without consideration for themselves, but most have no idea that caring for a loved one can become a 40-hour or more job.
AARP conducted a study of family caregivers, this is what they found:
- Average time spent caring for a loved one approx. 24.4 hours
- Family caregivers spend over 41 hours caring for a loved one
- Partners spend an average of 44.6 hours caring for their spouse or partner
There Is Nothing You Wouldn’t Do
There is nothing you wouldn't do to help your loved one and give them the care they deserve. As a respite care worker, Comfort Keepers can be there with a caregiver in the nick of time. Never be afraid to ask for help, our professional caregivers can help take some of the load by helping with many of the care tasks you do every day.
We can provide you with a caregiver when you have a family emergency come up or on a regularly scheduled basis. Most of all they can be there to give you a break that lets you catch your breath, even take a short nap.
Give us a call at (248) 236-5627 to learn more!
How Can We Help?
At Comfort Keepers, we like to think of respite services as our way of thanking the millions of family caregivers. We do this by providing an experienced expert who can come to your home or your loved one's and help you care for them. Their goal is to give you the time you need to take care of your kids, go to school or work, or to take a well-deserved break.
You can use the time to do things like go shopping, to the bank, over to visit a friend for coffee, just about anything you need to get done. Most importantly, you can use the time to take care of yourself, go to the spa/salon, or simply find somewhere to rest and recharge your batteries.
Superior Caregivers Offer the Best Care
One of the many things Comfort Keepers of Royal Oak is proud of is our team. Each has been fully trained, is licensed, and must pass a background check to ensure the safety of your family.
How Do You Bring Up the Topic of Respite Care?
Trying to talk to your loved one about bringing in a stranger to take care of them may be met with less than a joyful word. Many seniors are uncomfortable with sharing their personal information with a stranger and may feel as they are giving up their independence.
Tips for talking to your loved one:
- Be sure you emphasize the fact that you are not going to abandon them and that you will continue being their primary family caregiver.
- Choose the place and time to talk very carefully
- Make your questions as directly as possible
- You must realize you aren't likely to succeed after the first conversation
- Focus your conversations on the many benefits for both you and your loved one
- Be sure you listen to their concerns and points of view
- Do your homework and be ready to offer several options and any potential senior care schedules
- Use questions designed to guide your loved one to the "right" conclusion
When You Need a Helping Hand
You know you are trying your best to take care of your loved one. How are you supposed to know if our respite care worker is going to care for them as well as you do? What if they don't stick to your routines and schedules? The best way to find the answers to these questions and more is to talk to your senior care advisor during your care consultation.
The best part of our care is that it is intended to give you the time you need to indulge in some much-needed self-care. While there may be things you need to get done, try to use as much of this time as possible to rest and recuperate.
If you would like to learn more about the services we offer and our team of talented respite care workers, contact Comfort Keepers of Royal Oak, MI at (248) 236-5627. Our agents can answer many of your questions and schedule your free care consultation with one of our senior care advisors.