With age, seniors can lose much of their independence, which can be very disheartening. No one wants to move into a nursing home or a distant care facility, and no one should be forced to do so. That’s why we offer in-home care services for senior citizens who need some extra help, but don’t want to leave the comfort of their homes.
Personalized in-home care is the best way to help senior citizens maintain their independence while still getting the care they need. Our in-home caregivers make it their mission to keep seniors comfortable and tenderly cared for, no matter what their needs are. Whether they need help bathing and getting around or they just want a companion to help them with basic chores and tasks, our in-home care services are a great option to give seniors a little extra help.
What Our In-Home Care Service Includes
Our in-home care services are customizable to better suit the needs of your elderly loved one, but we aim to provide all-inclusive care so that we can meet any senior’s needs. When you meet with our team, we’ll help you determine what services your senior needs and how we can accommodate those needs for them.
To show you just how far we’re willing to go to help our seniors, here’s a glance at the services we offer:
- Companion Care: If your senior is still fairly independent but needs someone for emotional support or socialization reasons, companion care is a way to meet those needs.
- Interactive Care: Caregivers providing interactive care assist your senior with basic chores and tasks every day, as well as provide a source of emotional support and socialization.
- Personal Care: For seniors that have difficulties in their daily lives and need help with things such as showering and bathing, going to the toilet, or getting around, personal care services are a good choice.
- Transportation: Seniors who are unable to drive or use other transportation can benefit from transportation care services. Our trusted caregivers will ensure that your senior makes it safely to any appointment they have or wherever else they may need to go.
- Specialized Care: If your senior needs special care, such as for Alzheimer’s or end-of-life care, specialized care services can be catered uniquely to their needs. This often means 24/7 care, but our team is more than willing to do what needs to be done to care for your senior.
Why Choose In-Home Care For Your Loved One?
There are many reasons why families choose in-home care. Every situation is unique and should be considered with care, but here are some reasons why you should choose in-home care services:
1. Keep Your Family Together
Many times, sending a senior off to a care facility or attempting to care for them in your own home will lead to conflicts and may even cause your family to split up. Instead of running that risk, in-home care services allow you to ensure your senior gets the care they need and your family is happy.
2. Sense of Self-Worth
At nursing homes or facilities, it’s common for many seniors to get depressed or feel stressed. Keeping them in the familiarity and comfort of their own home allows them to remain at ease and lessens the risk of sadness, depression, and stress.
3. Budget-FriendlySenior care facilities tend to be expensive, but in-home care costs less and is often more than enough care for your senior. For families that can’t afford facilities, in-home care is a great choice. With in-home care, you can also decide on what specific aspects of care your loved one needs and decide on a care plan that fits within your budget.
When Is It Time To Consider In-Home Care?
Signs that your senior may need in-home care can vary. Here are a few of them:
- Trouble with daily tasks and chores
- Difficulty with hygiene and self-care
- Inability or issues when traveling
- Increasing health issues
While seniors may be able to continue on their own for a while, it’s important to recognize the signs that your loved one needs some extra care and know when to step in and get them assistance.
Learn More About Comfort Keepers In-Home Care in Plantation, FL
To learn more about our in-home senior care services and how we can help your senior loved one remain independent and comfortable in their home, give us a call today.