Comfort Keepers Home Care in Greater Enfield, CT, Combines Senior Care and Technology Support Services for Seniors
Comfort Keepers provides home care services that aid elders in utilizing current technologies in Enfield, CT, and the surrounding areas,
At Comfort Keepers Home Care, we believe in implementing cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and boost participation. Our caregivers are trained to use various techniques to assist seniors, and their families feel connected and fulfilled. Call our office at (860) 375-3147 for more information on incorporating technology into our in-home care services, or continue reading below.
Using Technology to Help Seniors at Home
When families and home care professionals work together as a senior's integrated care team, the most successful in-home living support programs are created. Caregivers at Comfort Keepers use web portals to keep track of care notes, changes in services, photos, and updates for family members. The caregiver's implementation of the tailored home care plan, their loved one's physical and emotional health, and the caregiver's efforts to infuse daily living activities with hope, purpose, and pleasure can all be monitored by family and friends.
Making Connections and Engaging People with Technology
Communication between individuals and the rest of the world is made more accessible than ever before, thanks to the widespread use of email, social media, and even simple phone calls. If you can't meet face-to-face, these tools can help generate a sense of proximity that can be just as valuable as in-person meetings.
Seniors' mental and emotional well-being depends on maintaining close relationships with family and friends. Elders, without a doubt, benefit from being connected to the outside world. Isolation from others has several negative implications, including reduced cognition and depression. Through innovative solutions, our living assistance services can assist seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This could involve the following:
- Phone and video calls regularly.
- Staying in touch with friends, family, and the community through texting
- Games and activities that improve memory and cognitive function
- Online activities such as music, dance, photography, and hobbies are more accessible.
- Using our SafetyCare Products to keep your loved one secure at home, even when they are alone
- Sharing of family photos and records of events
- Grocery shopping over the internet
- Making virtual doctor's appointments and attending them
Technology's Advantages for Seniors
For the elderly, utilizing modern technology has many advantages. It can significantly improve their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged with the people they care about. It can also allow family caregivers a break from their caregiving responsibilities while maintaining their personal life. A few of the advantages of using technology in living assistance services for seniors and their families are listed below:
- Seniors who use technology and social media report fewer chronic diseases and less depression than their non-technological peers.
- Seniors agree that technology has made conducting errands, receiving medications, and finding reliable transportation easier for them.
- Modern technology is psychologically exciting for older individuals because there are so many games, applications, and streaming services to choose from.
- Thanks to safety gadgets that inform family members and the relevant channels in the event of an accident or fall, seniors and their families no longer have to worry about being alone at home.
Make an Appointment for Your FREE Home Safety Consultation
Contact our home care team now at (860) 375-3147 to learn more about how we can incorporate technology into our home care services in Enfield, CT, and the surrounding area. We'll be pleased to answer any questions you have and set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with you. Click one of the buttons below to begin using Comfort Keepers.