Comfort Keepers Home Care in Greater Sacramento, CA, combines technology with living assistance services for seniors.
Comfort Keepers provides living assistance services in Sacramento, CA, and the surrounding areas that aid elders in utilizing current technologies.
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in implementing cutting-edge technology to improve living assistance care transparency, reduce social isolation, and boost participation. Our caregivers are trained to use various technology to assist seniors, and their families feel connected and fulfilled. Call our office at ##### for more information on incorporating technology into our living assistance services, or continue reading below.
Using Technology to Help Seniors at Home
The most successful living assistance programs are created when families and home care professionals work together as a senior's integrated senior care team. Caregivers at Comfort Keepers use web portals to keep track of care notes, changes in services, photos, and updates for family members. The caregiver's implementation of the tailored in-home care plan, their loved one's physical and emotional health, and the caregiver's efforts to infuse daily living activities with hope, purpose, and pleasure can all be monitored by family and friends.
Technology for Fostering Connection and Increasing Engagement
Email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us connected to one another and the rest of the world in today's culture. When being together in the same room is not possible, using these tools to create a sense of proximity may be as helpful as in-person encounters.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is critical for seniors' mental and emotional well-being. Elders, without a doubt, benefit from being connected to the outside world. Isolation from others has several negative implications, including reduced cognition and depression. Through innovative solutions, our living assistance services can assist seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This could involve the following:
- Phone and video calls regularly
- Staying in touch with friends, family, and the community through texting
- Games and activities that improve memory and cognitive function
- Online activities such as music, dance, photography, and hobbies are more accessible.
- Use our SafetyCare Products to keep your loved ones secure at home, even when they are alone
- Sharing of family photos and records of events
- Grocery shopping over the internet
- Making virtual doctor's appointments and attending them
Technology's Advantages for Seniors
For the elderly, utilizing modern technology has several advantages. It can significantly improve their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged with the people they care about. It can also allow family caregivers a break from their caregiving responsibilities while maintaining their personal life. A few of the advantages of using technology in living assistance services for seniors and their families are listed below:
- Seniors who use technology and social media have fewer chronic diseases and are less depressed than those who do not.
- Seniors agree that technology has made conducting errands, receiving medications, and finding reliable transportation easier for them.
- Modern technology is psychologically exciting for older individuals because there are many games, applications, and streaming services to choose from.
- Thanks to safety gadgets that inform family members and the relevant channels in the event of an accident or fall, seniors and their families no longer have to worry about being alone at home.
Make an appointment for a FREE Home Safety Assessment and Consultation.
Contact our senior care team at (916) 260-0654 to learn more about how we can incorporate technology into our living assistance services in Sacramento, CA, and the surrounding area. We'll be pleased to answer any questions you have and set up a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with you. Click one of the buttons below to begin using Comfort Keepers.