Compassionate Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in La Mirada, CA
Comfort Keepers offers expert, compassionate Alzheimer’s and dementia care in La Mirada and the surrounding areas. We know that having a loved one diagnosed with dementia is very difficult — but we can help your parent or relative safely and comfortably age at home.
Out of all the seniors we help in your area, as many as 18% live with dementia — we have the knowledge, training, and experience to help your loved one too, regardless of whether they are in the first or final stages of dementia.
By choosing Comfort Keepers as your loved one’s Alzheimer’s and dementia care provider, you can get:
- Caregivers who have received the best dementia training available
- A fully personalized care plan for your loved one (and a schedule of visits that works best for your family)
- Family education to better understand dementia and how to help your loved one
- A wide range of care services, including personal care, medication reminders, meal preparation, running errands, transportation, and much more
- Physical, mental, and emotional engagement for your loved one
- SafetyChoice senior safety solutions, including medical alert systems and motion detectors
How Comfort Keepers Can Help with Dementia Care
Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care plans include our Interactive Caregiving component — our unique approach to care that elevates life quality in senior years. This approach helps us to learn as much as we can about each of our clients — what they like, what they need, what type of activities they enjoy, and much more. All of this knowledge enables us to develop personalized plans of care that include physical, mental, and social activities. And it also allows us to match our clients with the most compatible caregivers with whom they can truly bond.
We can provide:
- 100% individualized care plans that include assistance with daily tasks + interaction and companionship
- Opportunities for mental, physical, and emotional activity that your loved one will enjoy (this may also slow down the progression of the condition)
- Support for doctor-prescribed diet and exercise programs
- Referral to medical professionals and resources for families and family caregivers
How to Care for a Loved One with Dementia at Home
When caring for a loved one with dementia, it is important to:
- Reduce stress, anxiety, and frustrations
- Be as flexible as possible
- Create a safe environment
- Encourage memory-boosting activities
Comfort Keepers Alzheimer’s and dementia care can help you take care of your loved one, ensuring that they have all the support they need to age gracefully in the comfort of their home. To learn more about us and our services, please reach out to our office in La Mirada today! We are here for you!