Comfort Keepers Home Care Combines Technology with Senior Living Assistance Services in Greater Fresno, California
In Fresno, Clovis, Modesto, and the surrounding areas, Comfort Keepers provides living assistance services that aid elders in utilizing current technologies.
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in leveraging cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, eliminate social isolation, and boost engagement. Our caregivers are trained to utilize various techniques to assist seniors and their families in feeling connected and meaningful. To learn more about how we use technology in our living assistance services, please contact our office at (559) 365-6440 or continue reading below.
Using Technology to Enhance Senior Home Care
The most successful in-home living support programs are families and home care professionals working together as an integrated care team for seniors. Comfort Keepers caregivers utilize internet portals to communicate with family members about care notes, changes in living assistance services, images, and updates. Family and friends can monitor the caregiver's application of the tailored care plan, their loved one's physical and mental health, and the caregiver's attempts to instill hope, purpose, and joy into everyday living activities.
Using Technology to Increase Engagement and Connection
Email, social media, and phone conversations connect many of us and the rest of the world in today's culture. Using these technologies to foster a sense of connection may be just as valuable as in-person encounters – mainly when physical proximity is unavailable.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is critical for the mental and emotional well-being of seniors. And no doubt, being connected to the outside world benefits seniors. Social isolation has several negative implications, including cognitive impairment and depression. Through creative solutions, our living assistance services may aid seniors in overcoming loneliness and social isolation. Among these are:
- Regularly scheduled phone and video calls
- Texting to stay connected to friends, family, and community
- Games and activities that promote cognitive function and memory
- Facilitating online activity, such as access to music, dance, photography, and hobbies
- Utilizing our SafetyCare Products to ensure your loved one can be safe at home - even when alone
- Sharing of family photos and event recordings
- Shopping online for groceries
- Scheduling and attending virtual doctor's appointments
The Benefits of Seniors Using Technology
Using current technology aids the older population in a variety of ways. It may significantly influence their quality of life by ensuring that they remain well and socially connected to those who matter most to them. Additionally, it can provide relief for family carers attempting to balance caring responsibilities with personal obligations. The following are just a few of the advantages of using technology in living assistance services:
- It has been found that seniors who use technology and social media have fewer chronic conditions and lower depression than those who don't.
- Seniors agree that using technology has made their life easier for running errands, getting medications, and finding reliable transportation.
- Modern technology is mentally stimulating for older adults as there are endless games, apps, and streaming services for them to take advantage of.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to fear being at home alone, thanks to safety devices that alert family members and the appropriate channels of an accident or fall.
Make an Appointment for a FREE Home Safety Assessment and Consultation
Contact our elder care team to learn more about how technology may be integrated into our living assistance services in Fresno, Clovis, Modesto, and the surrounding region. We would gladly answer any questions you may have and set up a no-obligation consultation at no cost to you. Click one of the options below to begin using Comfort Keepers.