Comfort Keepers of Flagstaff, AZ Home Health Services Can Help Identify The Early Signs And Symptoms Of Alzheimer’s Disease
Comfort Keepers specializes in home health services for seniors living with Alzheimer's disease.
Alzheimer’s disease and various types of dementia affect millions of seniors and their families. Sadly, statistics show that the number of diagnosed patients is on the rise each year; that’s why it’s important to focus on raising awareness and educating seniors and family members alike on the risks and common symptoms of cognitive diseases.
Education on early detection is one of the most important aspects of raising Alzheimer’s awareness. Early detection will not only provide the possibility to participate in clinical trials but also allows the family to plan ahead and find appropriate home health services for a loved one as the condition progresses with time.
At Comfort Keepers home health services, we understand that it can be extremely difficult for the whole family when a loved one is diagnosed with a cognitive disorder such as dementia or Alzheimer’s, but early detection can make all the difference when it comes to combating the condition and maintaining one’s quality of life.
Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
If your senior mom or dad is showing one or more of the following symptoms, professionals from home health services suggest you immediately schedule your loved one an appointment with their physician.
- Difficulty remembering recently heard information, frequently forgetting important dates and events or often repeating the same information
- Detachment from work, pleasurable activities such as favorite pastimes or hobbies, and social interaction
- Showing reluctance to plan future events
- Difficulty managing finances or solving problems
- Poor judgment
- Frequently losing track of time
- Confusion with distance and space and the inability to understand visual images
- Problems with falling or staying asleep
- Misplacing items and struggling to complete familiar tasks
- Showing an inability to follow or join in a conversation, struggling with vocabulary and using the wrong words
- Frequent change in mood and personality
- Feeling anxious or depressed too often
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our devoted caregivers are trained to identify any changes in a care recipient’s behavior and report them to the family immediately. We provide dementia and Alzheimer’s home health services that are specially designed to allow older adults to continue living safely and comfortably in their homes. Give us a call at (928) 774-0888 to learn more about how we can improve your loved one’s quality of life. Comfort Keepers of Flagstaff, AZ, are happy to help!