Private Duty Home Care in Olympia, WA
Compassionate and customizable services for your loved one, right in their home
Sometimes an in home caregiver cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Our private duty home care services, administered by our expert, loving team, can help. Our specially trained staff at Comfort Keepers in Olympia, WA, provides the level of care your loved one needs to remain safe in the comfort of their own home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
Give us a call at (360) 226-2737 to learn more!
What is Private Duty Care?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional non-medical home care services, our private duty care provides one-on-one medical support to an individual. This specialized care provides a higher level of care while working in tandem with the care aide who is providing companion and homemaker services, along with personal care services. At Comfort Keepers, our goal is to provide the right level of customized private duty home care needed by a client, all from one agency.
How We Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Private duty nurses can assist seniors with regularly scheduled nursing visits or provide around-the-clock care, 7 days a week. Our Comfort Keepers work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. We pride ourselves on the fact that our private duty home care services allow seniors to remain in the comfort of their home longer and avoid a nursing home or extended hospital stay.