Personal Care in San Angelo, TX, and the Surrounding Area
Learn more about our living assistance program and how we can help your loved one
Is your San Angelo area senior in need of compassionate living assistance? When your senior needs help with personal care while living independently in their home, Comfort Keepers offers the support your loved one needs to stay happy and healthy.
What is Personal Care?
Daily routines and tasks are considered personal care. Whether your senior has trouble bathing alone or driving to the grocery store, Comfort Keepers Home Care in San Angelo can provide a customized care plan so your loved can get the care that’s right for them.
For independent seniors, daily care can be difficult and dangerous to do on their own. But with the help of our expertly-trained caregivers, your senior relative can have the companionship they need to complete their personal care.
With our elite caregivers, your senior can get help with bathing, grooming, running errands, preparing meals, and other necessary tasks. We help your elder have a better quality of life including improving their physical, emotional, mental, and social health.
Create your senior’s care plan for the best assisted living in the San Angelo area:
Bathing and Hygiene
A healthy senior starts with a clean body. When your senior looks and feels their best, it shows. Despite this fact, many seniors do not admit to having struggles bathing their body. Comfort Keepers provides dignified bathing services to keep your relative clean and good-looking. We can help your senior with the following limitations:
- Showering and bathing
- Getting dressed, including shoes and accessories (belt, watch, jewelry, etc.)
- Makeup application
- Shaving with an electric razor
- Brushing teeth or dentures
- Styling and brushing hair
Getting into the routine of daily or semi-daily can vastly improve your elder’s self-worth and mood.
Don’t let lack of transportation hinder your loved one’s life. When your senior needs a ride, Comfort Keepers is here to take them there. Whether your elder relative needs to run errands, pick up groceries, or just different scenery, our caregivers can drive them there.
We ensure your loved one has the best transportation around:
- Safe and more reliable
- Better companionship
- Avoid public transportation and traffic
Many seniors are unable to drive themselves. While other elder travel services are unreliable or late, our caregivers provide a prompt ride whenever your senior needs it.
Fall Prevention and Mobility Assistance
You might think your loved one’s home isn’t risky. There are many fall risks in their house that never occurred to you. The bathroom has many slippery surfaces and hard porcelain appliances that can greatly injure your loved one.
With our fall prevention and mobility assistance, your elder can decrease their chances of getting hurt in their home:
- Less risk with trained help and a steady arm
- Less temptation to skip out on housekeeping tasks or personal hygiene, like getting to the bathroom to bathe or getting around the kitchen for dinner
- Companionship to help with chores not only makes tasks easier to complete but also brings comfort just in having someone to talk to and socialize.
Toileting and Incontinence Care
Asking for help to use the restroom can be embarrassing for your parent or relative. Staying clean and safe while using the bathroom are major parts of being healthy. Our caregivers provide dignified and compassionate care during bathroom care.
Daily incontinence care can be added to your loved one’s assisted living care plan. We build a trusting relationship with our clients so they can feel safe and respected. Remaining clean and comfortable helps with all aspects of healthy living.
Senior Nutrition & Meal Prep
We work with your senior’s health care provider to ensure they are properly eating. When your loved one has a strict diet, it might be difficult for them to keep up with all the regulations and restrictions. Our caregivers provide excellent meals for our clients.
Our meal prep goes beyond planning. We also help with:
- Transportation and assistance with grocery shopping
- Dietary restrictions
- Cooking and cleaning up meals
- Companionship and conversation during mealtime
- Medication and mealtime scheduling
Regardless of diet limitations, food should be enjoyed by your loved one. Mealtime can be exciting again with the help from our caregivers.
Our uplifting personal care services can also include:
- Care for those with memory issues or cognitive impairments
- Medication reminders and management
- Assisting with errands or transportation to appointments
- Support for physician-prescribed exercise programs
- Change in condition monitoring
- Fall risk assessment and assistance with fall prevention
We strive to provide the highest quality of care. If you or a loved one could benefit from companionship, personal care, or any of our specialized services, call us today.