In Home Respite Care Services in Oreland, PA
Comfort Keepers of Oreland, PA offers a variety of respite services for the family caregiver
If you are like most family caregivers, you took on the role without realizing how much hard work caring for an elderly loved can be. Taking care of your loved one is a very important job, one that can easily become full-time as their needs change.
According to the AARP:
- Partners spend an average of 44.6 hours caring for their spouse or partner
- Family caregivers spend over 41 hours caring for a loved one
- Average time spent caring for a loved one approx. 24.4 hours
Give us a call at (267) 293-7434 to learn more!
Services That Care About You
At Comfort Keepers, we know how hard taking care of an elderly loved one can be. We also know that many family caregivers are ashamed to ask for help. Your most important role as a family caregiver is to give your loved one the care they need. As a provider of respite care services, we are here to help ease some of the strain. We can provide you with a skilled professional caregiver whose job is to help with your loved one so you can take a much-needed break. They are not there to take over, just provide you with the help you need.
In order to provide your loved one with the best care possible, you need to be rested and healthy. Our agency makes it possible for you to take the time you need to rejuvenate and recharge your batteries, making it possible for you to keep your standard of care where it should be.
When You Can't Be There – Our Caregiver Can
If you have kids in school and a spouse that commutes over an hour each way, what are you going to do if you get an emergency phone call? Who are you going to get to come in and take care of your loved one when it happens? If your job were to suddenly put you on a different shift, do you have anyone who will come in and care for your loved one?
As part of our services, our caregivers can be there to provide care and companionship for your loved one when you have to leave.
The Best of the Best
At Comfort of Keepers of Oreland, PA we are proud of our team of caregivers. They are among the best trained, most highly skilled, and professional caregivers we could ask for. Each has undergone a background check to ensure your peace of mind.
When the Time Comes to Talk
When the time comes to talk with your elderly loved one about respite care services we are here to help. This type of conversation is not going to be an easy one as no one wants to admit they can't be left alone at home. To help, we have put together a few helpful tips:
- Choose the place and time to talk very carefully
- You must realize you aren't likely to succeed after the first conversation
- Make your questions as direct as possible
- Use questions designed to guide your loved one to the "right" conclusion
- Be sure you listen to their concerns and points of view
- Do your homework and be ready to offer several options and any potential senior respite care schedules
- Focus your conversations on the many benefits for both you and your loved one
- Be sure you emphasize the fact that you are not going to abandon them and that you will continue being their primary family caregiver.
Not Sure About Having a Caregiver In Your Home?
If you are worried about whether our caregiver will continue to provide the same level of loving care as you or that they might not stick to established routines, you needn't. The professional caregiver we provide as part of our care plan is there to help rather than take over.
You should address your concerns with your senior care advisor during your care consultation. Their job is to answer your questions, allay your fears, and work with you to create a respite care plan that works for both you and your loved one.
If you are interested in our respite care services offered by Comfort Keepers of Oreland, PA, contact us at (267) 293-7434. We have agents on duty 24/7 to answer your questions. They can also schedule your free care consultation with one of our friendly and knowledgeable senior care advisors.