Care You & Your Family Deserve
Alzheimer’s and Dementia In-Home Care Springfield, IL
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
At Comfort Keepers Springfield, we understand that caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia can be overwhelming. Know that you are not alone and we are here to help during this difficult time. Our specialized in-home care services greatly benefit individuals with vascular dementia, Lewy body dementia, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and other cognitive impairments. These services are tailored to meet your loved one’s unique needs and can be modified as their needs change over time. This can include anything from personal care, meal preparation, transportation, medication reminders, and much more. If you believe your loved one could benefit from our specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care, contact us today!
Understanding Dementia & Alzheimer's Disease
Dementia is a broad term for the decline of memory, thinking, or reasoning. While there are many forms of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease is the most common and accounts for 60-80% of all cases. It is important to know that, although the risks of contracting Alzheimer’s disease increase with age, it is not a normal part of aging.
Early warning signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s and other dementias include the following:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New issues with speaking or writing
- Misplacing important items
- Losing the ability to retrace steps
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood or personality
If you notice any of these signs or symptoms, it is important to consult with a doctor or dementia care provider right away.
Dementia Care Services in Springfield, IL
When families become aware of their loved one's dementia diagnosis, their first reaction may be to find a nursing home. However, studies have shown that individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia show less agitation and confusion when they remain in familiar surroundings. With specialized care services at Comfort Keepers Springfield, your loved ones can receive the help they need in the comfort of their own home.
Our specialized in-home dementia care services include the following:
- Help with personal care such as bathing, grooming, and toileting
- Medication tracking and reminders
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Light housekeeping and maintaining a safe home environment
- Behavior management
- Transportation to appointments and other errands
- Engagement through meaningful conversation and stimulating activities
- Constant monitoring and providing companionship
- Communicating regularly with family and care team
Contact Us for Dementia Care in Springfield, IL
If you have a family member who has been diagnosed with dementia or Alzheimer's disease, you are not alone. At Comfort Keepers of Springfield, our goal is to provide the most affordable and high-quality care for seniors in Illinois. To learn more about our specialized in-home care services or to schedule a consultation, give us a call at (217) 744-2226 today!