Alzheimer's and Dementia Care in Atlanta, Sandy Springs, GA, and the Surrounding Areas
Comfort Keepers® Dementia care and Alzheimer's care are dedicated to assisting elders in remaining independent and happy in their own homes throughout the Atlanta area.
Dementia or Alzheimer's disease affects 18% of the tens of thousands of seniors we help. Comfort Keepers dementia care in Sandy Springs, Atlanta, Powder Springs, Carrolton, and the surrounding regions understands the difficulties that families have when caring for a senior with Alzheimer's disease or dementia, especially when it comes to allowing them to remain at home comfortably.
Our specially trained caregivers engage clients in intellectual, physical, and emotional activities that improve the quality of life for seniors and their families while also supplementing medical therapy for dementia care.
We can help you care for your loved one at home while also providing you with the necessary assistance and high-quality care to improve dementia care. We believe that everyone, regardless of age or level of care, should be able to experience moments of connection, purpose, and joy.
Comfort Keepers provides the following advantages to families:
- Caregivers who have received specific training
- Families must be educated in order to fully appreciate dementia.
- To keep the senior physically, cognitively, and emotionally active, tasks are incorporated into the care plan and adapted to their interests.
- In-home services include personal care, companionship, medication reminders, and family respite care.
- SafetyChoice® in-home safety options include medical alert systems and motion detectors.
We understand Alzheimer's disease, dementia symptoms, how it impacts behavior, and how it advances at different rates for different seniors. Comfort Keepers will create and implement a personalized care plan for people with dementia that includes both physical and mental needs and goals.
Comfort Keepers caregivers can help with dementia care in a variety of ways.
Our caregivers are screened for empathy, trained to help elders with Alzheimer's disease and other kinds of dementia, and given the authority to find methods to brighten the moods of our clients and their families through personalized home care planning.
Our caregivers also use the Comfort Keepers Interactive Caregiving system to improve the quality of care. With Interactive Caregiving, we get to know our customers on a personal level, learning about their likes, dislikes, and even prior life events. We can now combine mental and physical activity simulations. Our clients and caregivers develop a strong bond, and they commonly listen to music from their favorite era, read an old favorite book, or engage in memory exercises like going over family photos or discussing current events.
The following services are available:
- Individualized in-home care plans that take into account both physical and non-physical requirements and goals
- Activities that are fun, mentally interesting, and good for one's physical and emotional health. These activities are part of the care plan to improve your loved one's quality of life and physical health by taking into consideration their interests and talents.
- Companionship, respite care, and other requirements can be met with the help of a physician's nutrition and exercise programs.
- Referrals to medical specialists, support groups, and resources are provided for family caregivers.
How to Care for Alzheimer's Patients at Home
It's vital to be adaptable and patient when caring for a loved one who has dementia. The Mayo Clinic is always available to provide advice on how to manage everyday responsibilities and care for someone who may be developing dementia, including:
- Reduce the number of annoyances in your life.
- Be flexible.
- Create a safe environment.
- The importance of individualized care is highlighted.
Comfort Keepers can help you, and your loved one put these ideas into action so that you can give the best environment and care plan for any type of dementia.
Our caregivers are trained to provide Alzheimer's and dementia care that encourages meaningful participation, builds genuine, compassionate connections, and adheres to a care plan that changes as the senior's needs change.
For more information and resources on providing excellent care to your loved ones, go to the Comfort Keepers Info Center's Alzheimer's & Dementia Care section.
Make an appointment for your complimentary home care consultation now!
Do you live in Atlanta, Sandy Springs, or the neighboring regions and require specialized dementia care? Is your loved one dealing with a variety of levels of care that makes it difficult for them to go about their daily lives? Comfort Keepers is available to help you. Contact our in-home care agency today to schedule a free consultation to learn more about what our Alzheimer's and dementia care programs can do for you and your family. One of our care consultants would gladly meet with you for a no-cost consultation to review your individual needs, schedule, and budget.