Innovative Ways to Assist Families in Paying for At Home Senior Care Throughout Delta, Montrose, and the Surrounding Area
Comfort Keepers is here to assist families with aging loved ones in Delta, Montrose, Cedaredge, and nearby cities in locating cost-effective alternatives to pay for at home senior care services
At home senior care is an excellent option for seniors who want to live independently but struggle with daily tasks. Care can range from a few hours of assistance per week to 24-hour care. The cost varies depending on the number of hours necessary and the level of care required. However, there are many ways to pay for home care!
At Home Senior Care Services Can Be Paid for in Many Different Ways
Our administrative team at Comfort Keepers is second to none when it comes to locating the funds you or your loved ones require. Please continue reading below or call our agency at (970) 235-0398 to learn more about paying for care.
Long-Term Care Insurance
- Comfort Keepers accepts long-term care insurance coverage from numerous insurance agencies. Calling the insurance carrier to accept an assignment of benefits is within our capabilities. By charging the insurance provider directly, we can take full responsibility for billing and payment.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs may provide some at home senior care assistance to veterans and their surviving spouses, either through health benefits or a monthly monetary benefit.
- If your loved one is confined to their house, the benefits maybe even more significant. Comfort Keepers has a long-standing partnership with the Veterans Administration and may assist with the application process.
- For acute conditions, this program includes skilled nursing care.
- It frequently happens after a stay in a hospital, rehabilitation center, or skilled nursing facility.
- For those who qualify, this program covers a limited amount of long-term care.
- Only a Medicaid-certified care agency, not an independent, paid caregiver or a family member, will be reimbursed for care.
- Call 1-800-221-3943 or go to www.colorado.gov to learn more about Medicaid eligibility and coverage for at home senior care support.
- You can also call Mesa County's Area Agency on Aging at 970-248-2717 or Region 10 in Delta/Montrose area at 970-249-243.
- The PACE program, which stands for "Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly," provides complete home and community care for frail elders who would otherwise require nursing home care.
- PACE is only available in a few places, and it is only available to low-income seniors who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid.
- Mesa County is preparing to launch this program through Hopewest; call them at 970-241-2212 for more information.
Life Insurance Policies
- Some life insurance policies, including term life insurance policies, can be converted into cash to pay for care.
- The administrative staff at Comfort Keepers can assist you in finding out.
Personal and Family Assets
- Personal and family assets can be used in a variety of ways to help pay for at home senior care.
- Using a line of credit or a cash-out option to refinance your loved one's house.
- Obtaining contributions from family members who cannot assist with daily care actively but have the financial means to contribute to the cost of care.
- This form of FHA-insured home equity loan allows homeowners to borrow money against their house's value without selling it.
- Reverse mortgages are available from numerous lenders.
Benefits for Uranium Workers
- If you or a family member has suffered from a respiratory illness, kidney cancer, or fibrosis silicosis within the last 60 years (even if the family member is deceased) and worked as a uranium miner, uranium miller, worked at a processing plant, or transported uranium between 1942 and 1971, you may be eligible for $150,000 to $275,000 in tax-free compensation.
- This compensation may be used to offset the cost of long-term care.
Contact Comfort Keepers Today to Learn More
Would you like to learn more about how to pay for at home senior care? Comfort Keepers has certified Client Care Managers who can walk you through these options and help you decide what is best for your family. Contact our customer service team today to talk with a representative and schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with a Client Care Manager.