5 Simple Self-Care Hacks for You
You work selflessly to ensure the glasses of others are half full. But it’s important to take a moment to serve yourself, too. We wanted to share some simple but effective self-care hacks that benefit your sleep, mindset, and wellbeing. After all, you can’t pour from an empty cup.
Self-care (noun): the practice of taking an active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress.
Caregivers work tirelessly putting the needs of others before their own. Simple acts of self-care can reduce stress and boost your overall physical and mental health. Try incorporating these simple but effective self-care hacks into your daily routine to reap the benefits and fill up your cup.
- Stretching before bed boosts sleep quality and rejuvenates the body so you’ll wake up feeling refreshed
- Take a moment to yourself to delight in a cup of hot tea or coffee, or try starting your morning with hot water with lemon—it’s filled with powerful antioxidants like vitamin C!
- Instead of reaching for your phone first thing, taking a moment to slowly wake up and acknowledge how you’re feeling can help you be more intentional with your day
- Journaling is a positive outlet for dealing with a build-up of negative feelings or expressing frustration and can improve your relationships
- Thinking of one thing you are grateful for each day is simple and is linked to improved physical and mental health