Colwyn In-home Care Services
Sitting southwest of the City of Philadelphia, Colwyn is a small, yet densely populated borough in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. On the northern side of Colwyn sits Darby, to the west is Darby Creek in Sharon Hill, and south of it, across Cobbs Creek, lies Darby Township on one side, and Philadelphia on the other.
Established in 1682,as an agricultural area, Colwyn is almost entirely residential and sits on a 0.3 mile stretch of land. Easily accessible from both Philadelphia and Delaware Counties Colwyn is served by SEPTA through buses, trains, and trolleys, and is accessible via Darby Station on the Regional Rail Line, zone #2.
Give us a call at (610) 563-2968 to learn more!
Colwyn, a municipality located in Delaware County, PA is the oldest section of the state of Pennsylvania that was developed by settlers. Through peaceful interactions and the equitable relations between the Lenni Lenape Indians and the Swedish settlers, European settlements were able to grow significantly in Delaware County, as both races continued to work the land on the banks of the Delaware River.
In more recent history, Colwyn has struggled with financial turmoil and political difficulties, but many people living in the area enjoy easy access to historical, cultural, and artistic sites in the surrounding Philadelphia and Delaware Counties.
Things to Do
Colwyn is in an excellent location with close proximity to countless highly rated entertainment, arts, restaurant, and sports facilities.
- Lincoln Financial Field - These days, no list of highlights in the Philadelphia area would be complete without mention of Lincoln Financial Field. Home to the Super Bowl-winning Philadelphia Eagles, this stadium is energized by large, enthusiastic crowds who gather to cheer on the "Birds," or to check out high-profile concerts.
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts - A premier Philadelphia concert and arts venue, the Kimmel Center is a theater that offers spectacular shows of many varieties.
- Bartram's Garden is the oldest surviving botanic garden in North America. Located on the west bank of the Schuylkill River, it covers 46 acres and includes an historic botanical garden and arboretum. The garden is near the intersection of 54th Street and Lindbergh Boulevard, in Philadelphia. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1960.
- Schuylkill River Trail - For bikers and hikers, this multi-use trail winds its way through approximately 130 miles of Southeastern Pennsylvania, and is accessible to those visiting Colwyn through the Bartram's Garden entrance.
- Summer Stage Performing Arts Center - Known as one of the nation's most successful youth theater programs, Summer Stage, offers high-quality entertainment for audiences of all ages. Performances are held nearby at Upper Darby High School.
- Philadelphia Zoo - Animal lovers can spend the day in natural habitats, visiting flamingoes, rhinos, tigers, lions and any of the total 1,300 species. The birth of two gorillas in recent years has been an exciting attraction, as well.
- Pica's - Be sure to visit Pica's for world-class pizza and Italian food. Highlighted by Delaware County's own Tina Fey on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Pica's pizza is renowned and worth the trip to the nearby Upper Darby location.
All of these places that highlight Colwyn can be enjoyed from the help of one of our expert caregivers!
Comfort Keepers of Springfield knows how important it is for you to stay active and to participate in your surrounding community. If you need a little help for a few hours each week, or if you require in-home care services, we look forward to serving you. For more information about our high-quality home care options, please contact us through our website.
In Home Care Services:
Companion Care- Stimulating seniors through good conversation and favored activities.
Personal Care- Dignified assistance with personal tasks like bathing, dressing, and grooming.
Respite Care- Support for familial caregivers so they can always be at their best.
Senior Transportation- Safe travel so seniors can make appointments, events, and errands.
Seniors & Technology- Pairing seniors with technology to keep them connected and informed.
Specialized Care Services:
24 Hour Care- Around-the-clock supervision and assistance within the home.
Dementia Care- Special care for seniors experiencing difficulties with cognitive decline.
End of Life Care- Essential care and support for seniors diagnosed with a limited life expectancy.
In-Facility Care- Providing services in assisted living facilities and anywhere else that's called home.
Post Hospital Care- Helping seniors recover and avoid re-admission after transitioning from hospital to home.
Drew Fretzer Reviews Comfort Keepers
Colwyn Senior Caregivers
Such a helpful and great service for anyone who is seeking any type of senior care