Our In-Home Care Providers Combine Technology with Care in Greater Centennial, Colorado
Learn more about how our in-home care providers can help seniors use technology in Centennial, South Denver, Aurora, and the surrounding region
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in leveraging cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and enhance participation. Our in-home care providers are trained to use various technologies to assist seniors and their loved ones in feeling connected and meaningful. Call our care team at (303) 214-9134 or continue reading below for more information on incorporating technology into our senior care options.
Using Technology to Improve the Quality of Care
When families and our caregivers work together as a senior's integrated care team, the most effective in-home living support programs occur. In-home care providers at Comfort Keepers use internet portals to provide care notes, changes in care services, pictures, and updates to family members. Family and friends can stay updated on the caregiver's execution of the individualized care plan, their loved one's physical and mental health, and the in-home care provider's attempts to bring hope, purpose, and joy into everyday living activities.
Using Technology to Improve Connection and Engagement
Email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us connected to one another and the rest of the world in today's culture. When being together in the same room is not possible, using these technologies to create a sense of intimacy may be just as helpful as in-person encounters.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is critical for the mental and emotional wellness of elders. There is little doubt that the elderly benefit from being connected to the outside world. Social isolation has several adverse effects, including decreased cognition and depression. Through creative solutions, our in-home care providers can help seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This might include:
- Phone and video conversations are planned regularly.
- Texting to remain in touch with friends, family, and the community
- Cognitive function and memory-boosting games and activities
- Providing access to music, dancing, photography, and hobbies via the internet
- Using our SafetyCare Products to safeguard your loved one's safety at home - even when they are alone
- Sharing of family pictures and video records of events
- Grocery shopping can be done online
- Virtual doctor's appointments can be scheduled and attended virtually
The Benefits of Seniors Using Technology
Using contemporary technology has a plethora of advantages for the elderly population. It may significantly influence their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged to those they care about. It can also provide relief for family carers who are juggling caregiving duties with their own life. Here are just a few benefits of using technology for seniors and their families:
- Seniors who utilize technology and social media have fewer chronic illnesses and lower levels of depression than those who do not.
- Seniors believe that utilizing technology to do errands, receive prescriptions, and locate reliable transportation has made their lives simpler.
- Modernhnology is cognitively engaging for seniors since they can access countless games, applications, and streaming services to choose from.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to worry about being alone at home due to safety gadgets that warn family members and the proper channels in an accident or fall.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Contact our care team to learn more about how our in-home care providers incorporate technology into our senior care services in Centennial, South Denver, Aurora, and the surrounding region. Comfort Keepers will be happy to answer any questions you may have and set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Click one of the buttons below to get started with our care.