Comfort Keepers Senior Caregivers in Fresno, CA
Comfort Keepers senior caregivers can help prevent fires for your senior loved ones in Fresno, CA
Home fires can be deadly, especially for seniors. Seniors have a higher risk of having a fire at home than other groups. And because seniors can have slow reaction times and difficulty leaving a home quickly fires are more dangerous for seniors than for other people. That means that fire safety and fire prevention should be a priority for seniors that live alone. A senior caregiver can be a great resource for making sure that your senior loved one’s home is safe and equipped with the right fire safety equipment.
Minimize The Risk Of Fire With The Help Of a Senior Caregiver
A home caregiver can make sure that your loved one house is as safe as can be by providing a safety assessment designed to ensure that your senior loved one has the right safety equipment. A senior caregiver may be able to suggest home safety equipment that you have never even heard of that is designed to help seniors avoid fires at home.
A home care aid can also help keep your senior loved one safe from fire by:
- Checking the smoke detectors regularly and making sure that the batteries are changed on schedule.
- Creating a fire safety escape plan for your loved one and making sure they know how to exit the home quickly when necessary.
- Helping your senior loved one cook meals safely and making sure that the stove, toaster, and other electric equipment is turned off after the meal is done. A home caregiver can also keep an eye on the wiring in the home and let you know when it’s time to call an electrician if necessary. And a home caregiver can make sure that your loved one isn’t plugging too many appliances into one outlet and overloading it.
- Helping your loved one to quit smoking and lower the risk of a house fire caused by a cigarette.
- Provide 24 hours care for your loved one to be sure they are safe at night.
- Make sure that your loved one with dementia or Alzheimer’s isn’t able to misuse matches or lighters by keeping them all safely stored or locked up.
If you are concerned about your senior loved one in Fresno, CA staying safe in their home call Comfort Keepers of Fresno today to find out more about how a senior caregiver can improve your loved one’s quality of life and help keep them safe at home.
Trusted In Home Care For Seniors in Fresno, CA and the Surrounding Areas
Offering a full range of in home companionship and senior care services to support independent senior living at home in Fresno and the surrounding areas in California
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE IN-HOME CARE CONSULTATION!