Private Duty Nursing Services: Support A Home Care Professional With Your Senior's Care At Home in Overland Park, KS and Surrounding Areas
When you need more than just a home caregiver to provide care at home for your loved one
Sometimes a family caregiver or home care professional just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers of Overland Park, KS can help with our specially trained private duty nurses. Together, this team can provide the next level of care at home your loved one needs to stay safe in their familiar surroundings.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
Let A Home Caregiver Support Your Private Duty Nursing Care At Home
Here to assist your home caregiver team is our home care professionals and registered nurses (RNs), that can perform care at home through many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
- other tasks as needed
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support to their caregiver team, family members, and other service providers. If you are interested in private duty nursing services to improve your senior's care at home, contact us online or give us a call anytime at (913) 210-0631.