Private Duty Home Care in Alexandria, VA
We provide the next level of private duty home care for your loved one to help with medical needs and support our team of caregivers
When a senior loved one needs help with their daily living needs, this may be due to certain medical conditions, diseases, or illnesses. Private duty home care can be the answer to helping them at home with their medical needs. While our caregivers cannot help with medically related tasks, our team of nurses can! Best of all, they can work hand in hand with your loved one's caregiver to give them 360 support.
Give us a call at (855) 335-3155 to learn more!
What is Private Duty Home Care?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our skilled private duty home care team consists of licensed practical nurses (LPN's) and registered nurses (RN's) that can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- making sure your senior is taking their medications on time by either setting up a pill box, pill dispensing machine, or creating a calendar and setting an alarm
- administering medications such as topical creams, drops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, or oxygen
- performing personal medical care tasks such as checking oral or nail health
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- providing care training for family members and an emergency plan
Comfort Keepers’ private duty home care nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. Reach out today by filling out our online form or ringing our team. (855) 335-3155.