What Makes Our In Home Care Services Different?
See how Comfort Keepers of Ogden, UT sets the bar with our customizable in home care services and plans
- We have been serving seniors for almost 14 years. We were the first licensed personal in home care services agency in Northern Utah.
- We are the only agency owned and operated by a registered nurse and physician assistant.
- We teach and practice a philosophy of Interactive Caregiving™. Instead of "doing for" our clients, we provide care by "doing with" our clients. Interactive Caregiving™ is an opportunity to interact one-on-one with a person while engaging them, learning about them and giving them the gift of personalized and thoughtful attention while meeting their other needs.
- For clients with Dementia or Alzheimer's, a free home visit will be performed by a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) to ensure a more complete and comprehensive assessment.
- Our in home care services are available 24/7. We do not use an answering service!
- We do not require contracts or service agreements. Services can be put on hold or canceled with a 24-hour VERBAL notice.
- The state only requires agencies to complete background checks on caregivers prior to hiring and then annually. Comfort Keepers® meets this requirement and re-screens every caregiver MONTHLY. Our clients and their families always have peace of mind.
- We use a system called TeleTrack. Caregivers "check-in" at their assignment by calling a toll-free number from the client's phone and then "check-out" when leaving.
- All caregivers have access to an on-line training system called SilverChair™. With over 250 classes to choose from, including Dementia Care and several Alzheimer's courses, our caregivers are learning additional skills on a continual basis.
- All our caregivers are employees of our company (W-2). We do not sub-contract (1099) our employees!
- We carry extensive liability, worker's compensation, bonding and non-owned auto insurance on all caregivers.
- In addition to our in home care services we also offer a Personal Emergency Response System (medical alert) called Safety Choice® to provide peace of mind 24/7. The system is installed free of charge. A Fall Sensor Unit is also available.
- After many successful years in the business, Comfort Keepers® is giving back to the community. Several years ago the Jim & Alda Frucci Senior Assistance Foundation (Frucci Foundation) was created. This is a 501 (c) (3) public charity (per the IRS) with the sole purpose of assisting low-income and underserved seniors.